.Net Senior Systems Developer
Our client seeks a .Net Senior Systems Developer
The Operations development team is a cross-functional team including developers, designers and testers using technology to provide, maintain and support the company with websites and applications that reliably and accurately help business areas deliver a great service to external customers by automating processes and providing self-service solutions in a secure and performant capacity.
As a Senior .NET developer within that team you would be expected to take part in the development of both new applications and maintenance of the existing applications (including legacy ones), being a technical specialist able to take part in medium-complexity developments with little supervision and in complex developments with supervision, take part in the proposal of solutions with real benefits to the company and maintain a continuous improvement approach to the systems and your own knowledge. You will work with other developers and with business analysts to deliver solutions and provide technical steer where needed, as well as maintain documentation.
- Translates logical designs into physical designs taking account of target environment, performance & security requirements and existing systems. Produces detailed designs and documents of work using required standards, methods and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate.
- Advises on application of standards and methods and ensures compliance. Takes technical responsibility for all stages and/or iterations in a software development project, providing method specific technical advice and guidance to project stakeholders. Gets assigned work packages, then monitors performance and manages change control dynamically, to optimise productivity.
- Monitors service component capacity and initiates actions to resolve any shortfalls according to agreed procedures. Applies techniques to control the demand upon a particular resource or service.
- Assesses and analyses release components. Provides input to scheduling. Carries out the builds and tests in coordination with testers and component specialists maintaining and administering the tools and methods - manual or automatic - and ensuring, where possible, information exchange with configuration management. Ensures release processes and procedures are maintained.
- Develops specialist knowledge of database concepts, object and data modelling techniques and design principles. Translates object and data models into appropriate database schemas within design constraints. Interprets installation standards to meet project needs and produces database components as required. Evaluates potential solutions, demonstrating, installing and commissioning selected products.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a senior systems developer using Microsoft tools.
- Demonstrate a positive motivated attitude.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Display a 'can-do' attitude.
- Ability to achieve tight deadlines.
- Takes responsibility for own work.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Exceptional listener.
- Good team player.
- Able to balance the conflicting needs of others to deliver the best possible outcome.
- Able to positively influence and guide others.
- Understands the roles of IS within an international financial company.
- Commits to exceeding expectations and needs to internal/external customers, possesses “customer first” mind set.
- Commitment to providing good customer service.
- Ensures that work is accurate and well presented, that customer care is given priority above all else and that in both areas effort is made to exceed the minimum standard required. Shows concern for detail no matter how small. Takes a pride in doing a job well.
- Expert in the Microsoft .NET stack and tools.
- Proficient in one or more of the following
- Good knowledge of REST API's, familiar with SOAP, XML and JSON
- Familiar with SOA principles
- Familiar with SOLID principles
- Software related BSC or equivalent experience.
Your specialist: Anne Murray
Quote job ref: 8351
Hi, I'm your specialist Anne and I can't wait to hear from you about this job. You can simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.