Our client seeks an Account Manager to join their team.
Role Profile: Responsibility for the management of the day to day delivery of captive management services to a portfolio of assigned captive (re)insurance companies and assisting the Account Director with other client companies.
- Be the primary point of contact for assigned client companies, in relation to the provision of technical accounting, cash, company secretarial and corporate governance services.
- Assisting (re)insurance companies under management to comply with Isle of Man Financial Services Authority regulations and with Isle of Man Company Law and to meet the requisite filing requirements.
- Producing of accurate and timely financial and management information on a basis agreed with the client, and to enable the captive Board of Directors to make informed decisions.
- Maintaining an on-going relationship with assigned clients and gaining an understanding of the clients' business and industry.
- Liaising with the parent companies, insurance regulator, directors, auditors, lawyers, bankers, tax advisors, actuaries etc to fulfil the above responsibilities.
- Working closely with the underwriting team to ensure that client companies' reporting and control requirements are met in full, and on a timely basis.
- Reviewing and/or preparation of detailed management accounts, budgets, forecasts etc and any other ad hoc reports in a format prescribed by clients.
- Preparation of client companies' year-end financial statements and liaising with external auditors.
- Cash management and reconciliation in accordance with instructions provided by the Board, including liaison with the company's banks and investment managers and the production of appropriate reports.
- Arranging for the payment of claims and related expenses, subject to the collation of appropriate documentation and authorisation.
- Being aware of the solvency requirements and compliance requirements imposed on companies under management in the Isle of Man, including the preparation and timely filing of all regulatory reporting requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with all group and client procedures.
- Liaising with clients regularly and culturing positive relationships including out of office hours entertaining as part of regular Board visits, as required.
- Cooperating and liaising with the client Head of Functions: accounting, compliance, risk, internal audit etc.
- Assisting in arranging client Board meetings, including the production and issuance of Board packs and minutes for same.
- Attendance at client Board meetings and presentation of information.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Ideally, you will be a qualified or part qualified accountant or company secretary, however applications are invited from those who feel that they have the necessary experience.
- Relevant experience gained within the insurance industry would be beneficial but not essential.
Your specialist: Sally Fenton
Quote job ref: 13146
Hi, I'm Sally and this is one of the job roles I am looking after for this super business. If this job is of interest for you, please submit your CV and we will come back to you to arrange the next staging.