Isle of Man
Our client seeks a Financial Accountant to join their team.
Role Profile: You will support the growth of the finance function within the Group.
- Core role is to undertake accounting, control and cashflow activities
- Assist with preparation of monthly management reports in line with accounting standards and maintaining underlying key account reconciliations and controls;
- Liaise with policy administration to account for premium and claims payments and accruals to accurately track insurance performance;
- Work with Accounts Payable and Treasury to account for expenses and cash flow/liquidity, tracking the actuals vs budget or liquidity requirements and working with management to identify and explain variances;
- Performing balance sheet reconciliations and analysis of change in order to support internal and external reporting;
- Effective management of risks and controls, undertaking internal control procedures;
- Input into system migration and process re-design for the insurance book.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Newly or part qualified accountant (ICAEW, ACCA or CIMA), insurance industry experience preferable but not essential;
- Experience in preparing management accounts and statutory financial statements;
- Ability to work on within a team and independently, holding themselves accountable for meeting team and individual deadlines;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with management throughout the Group;
- Have awareness of control environments within financial systems and ability to address weakness;
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skill.
Your specialist: Anne Murray
Quote job ref: 13530
Hi, I'm your specialist Anne and I can't wait to hear from you about this job. You can simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.