Our Client seeks an Actuarial Trainee to join their team.
- Provide support to the delivery of company and statutory financial reporting results to tight deadlines, including the supporting commentary
- Supporting the actuarial investigations and calculations to produce profitability information and management reports for products
- Provide support to the production of regular experience investigations for products using appropriate data analytical techniques
- Challenge the processes and support the identification, design and implementation of efficiency improvements across both the actuarial and finance function
- Remain up to date with current and forward thinking actuarial techniques and good practice.
- Develop understanding of the mechanics of the Prophet and the new IRIS actuarial models that are both used and the assumptions underpinning the models
- Provide support to internal and external audit queries with the aim of ensuring effective audits
- Support the wider Finance function by being receptive to being deployed in any of the Finance and Investment Operations teams as and when necessary
Key Skills & Experience:
- Relevant degree, minimum 2:1
- Strong academic results at A Levels and GCSEs
- Strong commitment and motivation to completing the actuarial exams
- Good IT skills, in particular, knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel and Access in particular)
- Good face-to-face, written and verbal communication
- Collaborative team player
Your specialist: Debbie Amankwa
Quote job ref: 9270
Hi, I'm Debbie and I look forward to receiving your submission for this fantastic opportunity with this business.