Administrator - Islamic Finance
Our client seeks an Administrator to join their Islamic Finance team.
Role Profile: To provide professional administration services to a varied portfolio of clients and at all times to comply with the Policies and Procedures of the company.
- To administer a portfolio of entities which hold assets in a Shari'ah compliant manner, to ensure all activities fall within the guidelines/stipulations of the statutory or governing documents.
- To ensure the tax status of entities is observed with the timely completion of tax returns and the payment of any notified tax liability.
- To deal with incoming correspondence expeditiously. Reference should be made to the relevant supervisor if the demands of the correspondence exceed capabilities.
- To prepare detailed attendance notes of any telephone communication and circulate to relevant members of staff.
- When required, to prepare minutes and other meeting documents.
- To take responsibility for being the immediate point of contact in client relationships.
- To oversee the monthly or quarterly investor distribution cycle, and ensure distributions are processed in accordance with agreed timetables.
- To oversee the maintenance of the accounting records and preparation of annual accounts where this forms part of the services provided by the company, where appropriate, through effective liaison with the Client Accounting Solutions team.
- To manage the billing process, reviewing billing proformas/draft invoices where appropriate, at established frequencies and to discuss these with the Manager/Director prior to processing.
- To ensure that database records are input on formation/establishment (including any statutory registers or other records) and updated when circumstances change.
- To monitor the aged debt position of matters under administration and to liaise with the Accounts Department and Directors to ensure that a tight control is maintained over the value and length of aged debts.
- To undertake periodic reviews of clients' matters in accordance with the timetable set by the Director.
- To mentor and support the training of more junior members of staff with supervision and guidance from the Manager.
- To ensure that during periods of absence from the office, the relevant manager and colleagues are informed and fully briefed of any anticipated client related matters which may arise during the period of absence. In the event that colleagues are absent from the office to undertake administration of matters allocated to colleagues as required, to ensure the needs of the client are met.
- Escalating any issues/risks arising promptly to the manager or Directors where appropriate.
- To ensure an awareness and understanding of local Regulatory requirements.
- Carry out any function/activity required by the Manager, Management Team or Directors from time to time.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Educated to A level or degree standard.
- A minimum of two years' funds/trust and company administration experience.
- Ideally have completed a professional/relevant qualification to Certificate Level (e.g. ICSA/STEP).
- The post requires good technical knowledge with an understanding of local funds/company and trust law and regulations.
- Strong IT skills.
- Good interpersonal skills are required to develop close working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Flexibility, energy and enthusiasm.
- A solution drive attitude to problems.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work methodologically and accurately.
- Team spirit.
Your specialist: Debbie Amankwa
Quote job ref: 10238
Hi, I'm Debbie and I look forward to receiving your submission for this fantastic opportunity with this business.