Our client seeks an AML Analyst to join their team.
Role: The purpose of this role is to work to protect the Bank's customers, teams and the Bank itself from AML and Sanctions risks. As part of a team, contact the Bank's customers direct to understand and verify activity raised through internal systems. Work as part of a team to identify the level of risk customers hold, reporting any suspicions or unacceptable trends and behaviours.
- Receive alerts generated by the Bank's AML/Sanction screening systems and correctly determine whether the customers pose any risk to the Bank.
- Work to identify PEPs (Politically Exposed Persons) and notify the wider business areas so that they can manage the customer effectively.
- Contact customers as part of the Customer Contact team, liaising with customers to verify transactions and queries raised by the AML/Sanctions screening systems.
- Accurately log and handle customer complaints and queries from start to finish, ensuring a fair outcome for the customers (CCH).
- Participate in team-based continuous improvement activities with both the team and customer at the heart of all thinking. Take ownership and responsibility of your own/team P&Cs and use LEAN tools and techniques to undertake Root Cause Problem Solving to resolve them, collaborating with colleagues to implement effective countermeasures.
- Work together as one team and pro-actively show willingness to flex and learn other roles within the Shared Services Team.
- Provide support to your colleagues and the management team as well as support and guide less experienced colleagues in dealing with complex customer requests to develop their capability.
- Take ownership for your own personal development to ensure ongoing awareness of changes in services, procedures and policies to minimise risk, and by participating in training activities, completing assigned learning modules and keeping up to date with internal communications.
- Comply with the Bank's Code at all times and act as a role model for those around you.
- Identify & escalate potential risk & operational issues as appropriate.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Ability to work effectively and independently as part of a team using own initiative to ensure customer needs are met.
- Model behaviours in line with the Bank's Standards.
- Well developed communication skills.
- High level of customer service orientation/customer focus.
- Sound PC Skills with a high level of speed and accuracy in processing.
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues to ensure customer service is of highest standard.
- A clear sense of priority, good planning skills and ability to tackle work in an organized fashion.
- An understanding of the Bank's AML and Fraud systems and procedures.
- Willing to work towards ICA Advanced Certificate in AML.
Your specialist: Stuart Clague
Quote job ref: 10832
Hi, I'm Stuart and I work with Mark for all things temp / contract wise. If this job is of interest to you please submit your CV and we will be in touch soon.