Our client seeks an Application/Software Developer to join their team.
Role: Your duties will primarily revolve around building software by writing code, as well as modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces. You will also be involved in directing system testing and validation procedures, and also working with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
- Assisting the Development Manager with all aspects of software design and development.
- Attending and contributing to company development meetings, workshops and discussions.
- Learning the codebase and technology stack being utilised across the company's applications.
- Writing and maintaining code.
- Hunt and fix bugs.
- Monitoring the technical performance of internal systems.
- Gathering information about program functionality.
- Developing reports where needed.
- Conducting development testing and validation procedures.
- Modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces.
- Directing software programming and documentation development.
- Preparing reports on programming project specifications, activities, or status.
- Conferring with project managers to obtain information on limitations or capabilities.
- Consulting with departments or customers on project status and proposals.
- Working with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
- Analysing information to recommend and plan the installation of new systems or modifications of an existing system.
- Consulting with engineering staff to evaluate software-hardware interfaces and develop specifications and performance requirements.
- Designing and developing software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and design consequences.
Key Skills & Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 2 years + work experience in Software/Application Development.
- Practical in-job knowledge and skills in .NET coding languages (C# .Net / .Net Core) and technologies/toolsets.
- Deep programming language knowledge and experience.
- Working with both Web/API Applications & Service Applications.
- Knowledge of databases and operating systems.
- Knowledge of the software development life-cycle.
- The desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete applications.
- Be a full-stack developer and understand concepts of software engineering.
- Experience working on a variety of software development projects.
- Analytical, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- A positive attitude.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly.
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a team environment
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- C++ Experience.
- Telecoms Experience (SIP/SS7/Diameter/SMPP).
- Networking / Microsoft Windows Server.
- Front-end techniques such as JQuery, Angular and Bootstrap.
- Familiar with advance concepts such as network protocols, threading, message queuing.
Your specialist: Pam Dixon
Quote job ref: 10862
Hi, I'm Pam and I can help you with your submission to this role. Simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.