Our client seeks an Assistant Accountant to join their team.
Role Profile: This role will be responsible for taking a lead role in ensuring that source data used by the international financial reporting team is delivered on time, of a high quality and able to stand up to external scrutiny. This role will work with the Finance and senior management team to pro-actively keep pace with accounting and regulatory developments to help ensure the robustness of reported results supporting analysis. This will include, where necessary, supporting the production of the company's stand alone results - including all company branches.
- Support the monthly close process within agreed timelines, ensuring quality and integrity of financials.
- Project work to enhance financial reporting to a more granular level to product working alongside other members of the Finance team.
- Interrogating general ledger to a very detailed level, and working alongside the actuaries to explain the results.
- Project work to enhance reporting of branch financial results. Prepare internal management reports, providing insights on financial performance.
- Support further ad-hoc projects/ tasks.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Have an accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA) or be nearly qualified/qualified by experience. Big 4 experience is a plus.
- Experience with financial reporting and management accounting, including making improvements to design and function of reports.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of insurance company accounting (IFRS and Regulatory reporting) would be advantageous.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience of using SUN and Vision or a similar accounting package.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A flexible and adaptable attitude.
- Good problem-solving skills - ability to understand and unravel complex issues.
- Good systems and team working skills.
Your specialist: Debbie Amankwa
Quote job ref: 10164
Hi, I'm Debbie and I look forward to receiving your submission for this fantastic opportunity with this business.