Assistant Company Secretary
Our client seeks an Assistant Company Secretary to support the Group Company Secretary.
Reporting to the Group Company Secretary, duties will include assisting with the core day-to-day company secretarial responsibilities for the Group and its subsidiary entities, including the provision of guidance on statutory and corporate governance matters and providing support and attendance at Board and committee meetings. The Assistant Company Secretary will work in consultation with the Group Company Secretary, in-house Legal Counsel and any other company secretaries that may be appointed for subsidiaries that are based in other jurisdictions.
- Assist in the provision of comprehensive company secretarial support to a number of boards and board committees, including preparation of agendas, creation and collation of board packs, drafting accurate minutes and resolutions, following up on action points and providing governance advice.
- Help maintain board and board committee calendars, seeking and monitoring director availability for additional meetings as necessary.
- Help maintain accurate documentation of corporate governance activities and processes, including updating and maintaining the statutory books for all entities and lodging requisite forms and annual returns with relevant Company Registries.
- Provide support for Shareholder meetings.
- Help maintain an accurate and up to date company secretarial software system.
- Support the development of corporate governance best practice in all entities within the Group.
- Assist with the management and administration of the group policy framework, including maintenance of policy templates and ensuring they are kept up to date and referred to the appropriate committee for approval and annual reviews.
- Deal with correspondence and collate information, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant stakeholders.
- Act as the administrative contact for governance matters.
- Contribute to meeting discussions, as appropriate, in relation to company legal and governance issues which may impact on Group operations.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of documentation including authorised signatory lists.
- Maintain up to date KYC information for Directors and authorised signatories.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Relevant professional qualification, e.g. Chartered Governance Institute part or recently qualified.
- Experience in a company secretarial or senior administrative role, preferably within a regulated/financial services environment.
- Detailed knowledge of UK Corporate Governance Code
- Detailed knowledge of IOM Companies Act and other relevant statutes
- An effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the corporate environment.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise accordingly, remaining calm under pressure.
- Attention to detail with excellent verbal, written communication and presentational skills.
- High degree of Integrity and discretion when handling confidential information.
- Good working knowledge of technology solutions and applications that support an effective and efficient company secretarial function.
- The capacity to work with numerical information in addition to analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A diplomatic approach and the confidence to provide support to high-profile company staff and Board members.
- A sound grasp of corporate governance issues.
- A commercial frame of mind.
Knowledge of the following would be advantageous;
- IOM AML/CFT Codes
- IOM Financial Services Rule Book
- Microsoft Teams
- Viewpoint Company Secretarial Software
- Board Portal software
Your specialist: Debbie Amankwa
Quote job ref: 12899
Hi, I'm Debbie and I look forward to receiving your submission for this fantastic opportunity with this business.