Assistant Legal & Data Protection Officer
Our client seeks an Assistant Legal & Data Protection Officer to join their team.
Role: The ideal candidate will provide the business with sound legal analysis and advice, ensure the Group is compliant with applicable data protection laws and regulations, particularly the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and work with the team responsible for supporting the legal entity boards of directors that direct and control the business.
- Interpreting applicable laws, regulations and codes in order to provide commercially attuned and balanced legal advice
- Overseeing litigation matters and coordinate with external counsel
- Reviewing material contracts and make recommendations to ensure contracts are sound and enforceable
- Support the business in complying with legal, ethical and regulatory requirements in various jurisdictions
- Proactively monitor and implement key changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment
- Implement and monitor processes to ensure compliance with GDPR and applicable data protection requirements
- Responding to requests from the Isle of Man Information Commissioner's Office
- Maintenance of handbooks, records, regulatory submissions
- Delivering training in legal and data protection related subjects
Key Skills & Experience:
- Completed an honours degree in law
- Ideally have at least 5 years relevant experience, preferably within the life insurance or investments industry and hold a relevant professional qualification
- Good understanding of the legislation and regulations within the financial services sector
- Strong knowledge of applicable data protection legislation, particularly the GDPR
- Excellent written and verbal communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and apply judgement
- Be a good team player
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Your specialist: Pam Dixon
Quote job ref: 10820
Hi, I'm Pam and I can help you with your submission to this role. Simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.