Assistant Manager - VAT
Our client is looking for an Assistant Manager to join their VAT team.
Role: You'll provide VAT compliance and advisory services for a wide range of clients across the sectors that the Company supports. Your primary responsibility will be to manage a portfolio of existing clients. You'll develop strong relationships to understand your client's immediate and future needs and identify opportunities where the business can add value and expand its offering to enhance growth for the business.
- You'll be responsible for VAT compliance for your own portfolio and involved in VAT and Customs & Excise advice required by your clients, with the support and guidance of Managers and Senior Managers within the team
- Proactively manage your workload and communicate with the team on a regular basis
- Ensure compliance with company standards, policies, and procedures
- Additional tasks may arise within the purview of the role
Key Skills and Experience:
- Have a solid understanding of and previous experience within UK and IOM VAT compliance, dealing with the annual processes of privately-owned businesses
- Experience of dealing directly with HMRC and or IOM C&E
- Ability to manage a large and varied client portfolio
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to actively seek opportunities for selling new services to existing clients
- In-depth knowledge of recent key updates and areas of focus in the area of VAT
- Experience of dealing with client senior management and key stakeholders
- Educated to degree level, and ideally CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
Personal Attributes and Abilities
- Dynamic, flexible and a good team player
- Accountability, attention to detail and constant focus on quality and Client service
- Forward looking: - Pro-active in identifying, resolving and/or escalating potential issues
- Desire and ability to build productive and collegiate relationships
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and multiple deadlines in a dynamic and pro-active way.
Your specialist: Debbie Amankwa
Quote job ref: 11747
Hi, I'm Debbie and I look forward to receiving your submission for this fantastic opportunity with this business.