Our client seeks an Assistant Manager to join their busy general accountancy practice and corporate service provider.
- You will work on a small team of between 3 and 5 people and will report directly to a Manager and/or a Partner.
- Responsible for overseeing all matters relating to clients that are assigned to them. This will include a variety of engagements from both our general accountancy practice and corporate service provider. This will include the preparation of accounts and schedules, and the preparation of financial statements. This role involves administration of companies which will vary greatly between clients. Preparation and checking of taxation and VAT returns and assessments will also form part of this role, you will be expected to ensure returns are dealt with and filed in a timely manner.
- You will review work, and will organise and co-ordinate the assignment of work for junior staff. This will include assisting, supervising and training junior members of the team.
- Be involved in conducting appraisals, training sessions and attending management meetings.
- Responsible for ensuring that their clients adhere to the firms' compliance procedures, liaise with the Compliance team to ensure appropriate due diligence and know your client forms are held.
- Required to represent the business in a managerial capacity and conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.
- This position gives an excellent opportunity to grow with our expanding firm and advance their career.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Newly qualified ACA or ACCA.
- An excellent communicator with strong organisational skills who is able to lead more junior members of staff. Discretion, diplomacy and a confident approach are a must.
- Experienced in all aspects of general accountancy and the provision of corporate services OR
- Experienced in audit in a general practice environment.
Your specialist: Debbie Amankwa
Quote job ref: 7946
Hi, I'm Debbie and I look forward to receiving your submission for this fantastic opportunity with this business.