Isle of Man
Our client seeks an Assistant Underwriter to join their team.
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join the Isle of Man based captive management team as an Underwriter. The right candidate will be able to contribute to growth in an international risk and insurance environment. The role involves the provision of underwriting support across the team for a portfolio of captive (re)insurance companies.
With the assistance of the Underwriting Manager, and following the appropriate training: -
- Providing the day to day delivery of captive management services to a portfolio of clients, and be a point of contact within the business, for the nominated client companies, in relation to all (re)insurance management services.
- Maintaining an on-going relationship with nominated clients and gaining an understanding of the clients' business and industry.
- Contact for Underwriting and Claims queries / information on captives.
- Producing information, on a basis agreed with the client to enable the captive Board of Directors to make informed decisions.
- To liaise with the parent company, insurance supervisor, insurers, brokers, reinsurers, auditors, directors, lawyers and actuaries to fulfil the above responsibilities.
- To report to the Directors on relevant activities.
- Assisting (re)insurance companies under management to comply with Isle of Man Financial Services Authority (IOMFSA) regulations and filing requirements, together with company legislation and agreed guidelines.
- Production of detailed Underwriting accounts, review of premium and claims information, assist in budgets / forecasts preparation.
- Liaise with insurers, brokers, reinsurers, risk consultants, loss adjusters in relation to the underwriting activities of the captives.
- Assist in coordinating quarterly Board meetings, including the production and issuance of Board packs and minutes for same.
- Arranging for payment of claims and related expenses subject to collating the appropriate documentation and authorisation.
- Ensure compliance with all Group and Client Procedures.
- Be aware of compliance requirements imposed on companies under management in IOM and the local Solvency requirements.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Whilst preference will be given to persons that have gained experience in captive management operations in a leading domicile, this is not essential.
- Support will be given for those wishing to work towards a relevant professional insurance qualification.
- Professional outlook
- Team player
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and within a team
Your specialist: Debbie Amankwa
Quote job ref: 12912
Hi, I'm Debbie and I look forward to receiving your submission for this fantastic opportunity with this business.