Automation Test Specialist
Isle of Man
Our client seeks an Automation Test Specialist to join their team.
Role Profile: As part of the Test Team reporting to the Test Manager, within the Tech and Change department. You will review the current test automation and come up with new ideas, and suggestions to make automation more efficient. You will need to be a strategic thinker, always thinking creatively and have a broad knowledge of test industry standards. Enthusiasm, and a broad thinker, capability of thinking out of the box and can influence team members to try different/new ways. As a test analyst you will be required to work to industry standards and provide quality documentation, test plans, test cases, test execution, report defects and provide adequate reporting.
- To create and execute automated test scripts, liaising with projects, other testers, business analysts, and the business SME's. Manage automation testing and provide reliable test scripts and ensuring that the Tools, environments are always up to date and available.
- Work with the Testers, business analysts and SMEs' to develop and maintain automated testing frameworks and test scripts for multiple projects and products, so that they can be run in future releases.
- Build and maintain automation regression packs across several test environments ensuring that environments are available at all times.
- Collaborate with the test team to automated test scripts, so that defects are identified and shared with the key stakeholders earlier in the project delivery lifecycle.
- Evaluate and monitor the automated testing planned and executed by 3rd party suppliers to assess the quality of their deliverables and to confirm they meet Hansards requirements.
- Report defects identified during automation testing to the Test Manager, test team and supplier. Track progress of resolutions and update test scripts where applicable, to enable reliable future testing.
- Evaluate test results and the defects, working with the business analysts and the end users, to identify the functional areas within the systems that would need improved testing focus in the future.
- Work with project teams and be able to communicate standard automated test reports so that projects can make informed decisions at the relevant quality gate reviews.
- Plan the scope, timescales, the Test Manager to enable delivery of projects to time, cost and quality.
- Identify improvements to the test automation framework and implement them following test automation best-practices, leading to improved capability and efficiency.
- Maintain automated test tools adhering to industry standards.
- Identify opportunities to improve the way in which we work, the engagement with other teams and deliver the improvements which are agreed
Key Skills and Experience:
- Experience of developing automated testing solutions using market-leading functional automated testing tools e.g., Test Sigma, Selenium, Cucumber.
- Programming and technical experience creating code in a scripting language such as SQL, java.
- Experience of analysing systems under test and generating automated test scripts
- Broad knowledge of technologies including HTML, HTTP(S), XML, Oracle, Windows,
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Good grounding in automated testing practices and techniques
- Knowledge of software development best practice
- Understanding of test system design and best practice
- Ability to set up and configure automated tools test management features
- Qualified test practitioner, ISEB/ISTQB Test Foundation and Test Practitioner, Certified Tester Advanced level - Technical Test Analyst and / or Test Analyst
- Experience of working with System Integrators and risk-based approaches to testing
- Experience of close collaboration working with 3rd party suppliers, key business stakeholders
- Experience with Jira, or similar testing tools
Your specialist: Debbie Amankwa
Quote job ref: 13528
Hi, I'm Debbie and I look forward to receiving your submission for this fantastic opportunity with this business.