Business Analyst - Financial Crime / Tech Analyst
Isle of Man
Our client seeks a Financial Crime Business / Technical Analyst to join their project.
Three-month contract. Remote first working and company office when required.
A multi-year programme to implement the company's future financial crime strategy. A core premise of project is the pursuit of alignment, where possible, with the group's technology and operating model, across 5 key areas: CDD (with a focus on in-life management), screening, transaction monitoring, anti-bribery and corruption, and anti-tax evasion.
There are a number of projects that will deliver the programme. At a high level, the projects are split across:
- Data. A prerequisite for plugging into group technologies is that data meets certain standards of quality. Given the company is responsible for its own data, the data project is the first priority and will set the foundation for the rest of the programme. This project will comprise of a number of areas including remediating existing data on to one golden source, understanding future data models and ensuring technology supports the data model. This will involve working across a number of areas including the Data & Analytics team, the business, other project colleagues, as well as colleagues who are delivering similar projects across other franchises in the group.
- Integration with business tools. Following the data project, focus will shift onto the integration piece with the business tools and would intend to re-allocate resource at that point. The integration work will be across the 5 key FC areas mentioned above and there will also be Fa focus on on-boarding.
- Operating model. Finally, the Op Model work will wrap around all of this and ensure an end-to-end process with clear understanding of where responsibilities sit and all control points.
The Financial Crime Business / Technical Analyst will be responsible for delivering complex change across multiple teams including shaping solution architecture, defining requirements, and driving operating model design.
- Understand the business, its strategic goals and how work is being conducted.
- Capture, validate, and document business and system requirements ensuring they are in line with key strategic principles, and translated from business operations, business objectives, or from external requirements.
- Conducts and support feasibility / solution options and impact analysis.
- Creates process maps and develop operating models to support change embedding into BAU.
- Creates and maintains documentation (e.g. process documentation and training material) as well as supporting controls and quality assurance for key stakeholders and suppliers.
- Identify and supports cut-over and implementation activities, working with the Project / Implementation Manager.
- Contribute to traceability of business requirements to future-state design.
- Contribute to design and validation of test cases, working with Test Analysts and Managers. Support technical test execution.
- Lead training, knowledge transfer, and upskilling.
- Build and maintain a positive working relationship with stakeholders across multiple franchises and functions and at different levels of hierarchy.
- Identify and analyse Operational risk, issues and dependencies around transitional and future state designs and proactively highlight to a Project Manager / Programme Manager as necessary.
- Apply Group standard process by understanding the development lifecycles and minimum mandatory requirements as well as an awareness of Agile and other methodologies where appropriate.
- Identify, track, manage, and mitigate any project Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies.
- Produce project documentation to support delivery.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrable skills and experience in Remediations or Migrations or Financial Crime, Risk, and / or Compliance.
- Previous experience working as a Business Analyst, ideally in a Financial Services environment, and with data experience
- Strong understanding of solution architecture, operating model design and organisational design, requirements definition, and process design.
- Strong understanding of governance principles and delivery control functions.
- Previous experience shaping implementation / migration approaches and schedule of events.
- Ability to identify opportunity for process automation and design solutions and processes to minimise operational inefficiencies.
Your specialist: Mark Burman
Quote job ref: 12874
Hi, I'm Mark and I look after all the temp / contract roles. If this exciting job sounds up your street, please submit your details, we look forward to hearing from you.