Isle of Man
Our client is looking for a Business Analyst to join their team on a Fixed Term Contract.
The Role: To play a key role in the methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation of all or part of a business in terms of business functions and processes, the information used and the data on which the information is based. The definition of requirements for improving processes and systems, reducing their costs, enhancing their sustainability, and the quantification of potential business benefits.
The collaborative creation and iteration of viable specifications and acceptance criteria in preparation for the deployment of information and communication systems.
- Investigates operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
- Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identifies options for consideration.
- Works iteratively with stakeholders, to identify potential benefits and available options for consideration, and in defining acceptance tests.
- Facilitates scoping and business priority-setting for change initiatives of medium size and complexity.
- Contributes to selection of the most appropriate means of representing business requirements in the context of a specific change initiative, ensuring traceability back to source.
- Discovers and analyses requirements for fitness for purpose as well as adherence to business objectives and consistency, challenging positively as appropriate.
- Obtains formal agreement by stakeholders and recipients to scope and requirements and establishes a base-line on which delivery of a solution can commence.
- Identifies the impact on business requirements of interim (e.g. migration) scenarios as well as the required end position.
- Conversant with techniques covering full range of modelling situations.
- Models current and desired scenarios as directed.
- Selects appropriate modelling techniques for meeting assigned objectives.
- Gains agreement from subject matter experts to models produced.
- Reviews resulting models with stakeholders and gains resolution to resultant issues.
- Takes responsibility for the provision of support services to projects.
- Uses and recommends project control solutions for planning, scheduling and tracking projects.
- Supports programme or project control boards, project assurance teams and quality review meetings.
- Provides basic guidance on individual project proposals.
- May be involved in aspects of supporting a programme by providing a cross programme view on risk, change, quality, finance or configuration management.
- Defines, documents and carries out small projects or sub-projects. Alone or with a small team, actively participating in all phases. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
- Agrees project approach with stakeholders, and prepares realistic plans (including quality, risk and communications plans) and tracks activities against the project schedule, managing stakeholder involvement as appropriate.
- Monitors costs, timescales and resources used, and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances.
- Ensures that own projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are recorded.
- Plans, defines & delivers system training to end users in the correct operation of the Group's System, including:
- Training Presentations & Training Sessions.
- Training Notes.
- Process Notes.
- Business Readiness for new functionality, systems or migrated books of business.
- Ensure incoming staff to the Group, as a result of acquisition, are operational on the Group's systems at the point of migration.
- Support the implementation of new systems across the group and ensure business users are trained and prepared for the new systems.
Key Skills and Experience:
- GCSE (or equivalent) grade C or above in English and Mathematics OR equivalent experience in career history.
- Business Analysis or Testing Qualifications, e.g. ISEB or IIBA.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as a Business Analyst; or Minimum of 3 years' experience in the Life Assurance industry, where you have worked in a senior position: e.g. Team Leader, Manager, Technical Specialist, Subject Matter Expert, etc… AND
- Minimum of 1 years' experience as a Business Analyst/Tester.
- Demonstrate a positive motivated attitude.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Display a 'can-do' attitude.
- Ability to achieve tight deadlines.
- Takes responsibility for own work.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Exceptional listener.
- Good team player.
- Able to balance the conflicting needs of others to deliver the best possible outcome.
- Understands the roles of IS within an international financial company.
- Commits to exceeding expectations and needs to internal/external customers, possesses “customer first” mind set.
- Commitment to providing good customer service.
- Ensures that work is accurate and well presented, that customer care is given priority above all else and that in both areas effort is made to exceed the minimum standard required. Shows concern for detail no matter how small.
- Takes a pride in doing a job well.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Testing/Analytical skills - Thinking Interprets quantitative and qualitative information to achieve a business-related objective. Produces effective solutions to complex problems. Identifies underlying trends and issues and does not always stop at initial answer. Systematic and logical.
- Good problem-solving skills in order to resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Ability to meet individual targets and goals with accurate results.
- Experience of formal system analysis and design methodologies.
- Basic SQL Skills.
- Produces effective solutions to complex problems. Identifies underlying trends and issues and does not always stop at initial answer.
- Qualifications relevant to role or previous experience, such as a relevant degree, IT Professional Qualifications or other professional qualifications relevant to the Finance Industry (e.g. IAQ, FPC, etc…).
- Previous experience within the Life Assurance industry.
- Experience of working within software development using the following software development lifecycles: Agile and
- Waterfall (V Model).
- Experience of working for an international organisation with offices in different jurisdictions.
- Proactive and keen to expand knowledge and take on new tasks.
- Ability to achieve tight deadlines.
- Willingness to take steps to increase own knowledge or skill. Takes opportunities to increase their own experience.
- Systematic and logical.
- Looks for opportunities to develop skills, experience or build better business relationships without being prompted.
- Prepared to support the Company and colleagues though not always in own interest. Demonstrates a willingness to give that little bit extra.
- Takes action to report on and catch-up on missed or slipping deadlines - either through own or others efforts.
- Ability to network across the business areas to give and receive information.
- Understands the role of IS within the Group of Companies.
- Commitment to deliver for our customers within agreed timescales and deadlines. Understanding of the impact on our customers of missed deadlines.
- Committed to understanding the needs of our customers and designing software solutions that meet their needs.
- Understanding of the important of rigorous system testing to ensure that systems meet the expected standard.
- Business Process Mapping skills using standard UML notations, e.g. BPMN 2.
- Data Analysis Skills
- Experience of database design for:
- Relational Databases, including ERDs, schema design and data normalisation.
- Data Warehouses, including ETL process design and star schemas.
- Experience in creating Agile User Stories and Acceptance Criteria.
- Advanced SQL Skills.
- Understanding of SCRUM Projects and the ability to act as Product Owner (with responsibility for the Project Backlog).
- Expert in Requirement Elicitation Techniques and Meeting Facilitation.
- Experience of writing and executing Test Plans.
Your specialist: Debbie Amankwa
Quote job ref: 13229
Hi, I'm Debbie and I look forward to receiving your submission for this fantastic opportunity with this business.