Our client seeks a Business Analyst to play a key role in the methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation of all or part of a business in terms of business functions and processes, the information used and the data on which the information is based. The definition of requirements for improving processes and systems, reducing their costs, enhancing their sustainability, and the quantification of potential business benefits. The collaborative creation and iteration of viable specifications and acceptance criteria in preparation for the deployment of information and communication systems.
- Investigates operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
- Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identifies options for consideration.
- Works iteratively with stakeholders, to identify potential benefits and available options for consideration, and in defining acceptance tests.
- Facilitates scoping and business priority-setting for change initiatives of medium size and complexity.
- Contributes to selection of the most appropriate means of representing business requirements in the context of a specific change initiative, ensuring traceability back to source.
- Discovers and analyses requirements for fitness for purpose as well as adherence to business objectives and consistency, challenging positively as appropriate.
- Obtains formal agreement by stakeholders and recipients to scope and requirements and establishes a base-line on which delivery of a solution can commence.
- Identifies the impact on business requirements of interim (e.g. migration) scenarios as well as the required end position.
- Conversant with techniques covering full range of modelling situations.
- Models current and desired scenarios as directed.
- Selects appropriate modelling techniques for meeting assigned objectives.
- Gains agreement from subject matter experts to models produced.
- Reviews resulting models with stakeholders and gains resolution to resultant issues.
- Takes responsibility for the provision of support services to projects.
- Uses and recommends project control solutions for planning, scheduling and tracking projects.
- Supports programme or project control boards, project assurance teams and quality review meetings.
- Provides basic guidance on individual project proposals.
- May be involved in aspects of supporting a programme by providing a cross programme view on risk, change, quality, finance or configuration management.
- Defines, documents and carries out small projects or sub-projects. Alone or with a small team, actively participating in all phases. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
- Agrees project approach with stakeholders, and prepares realistic plans (including quality, risk and communications plans) and tracks activities against the project schedule, managing stakeholder involvement as appropriate.
- Monitors costs, timescales and resources used, and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances.
- Ensures that own projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are recorded.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Business Analysis or Testing Qualifications, e.g. ISEB or IIBA.Minimum of 3 years' experience as a Business Analyst; or
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in the Life Assurance industry, where you have worked in a senior position: e.g. Team Leader, Manager, Technical Specialist, Subject Matter Expert
- Minimum of 1 years' experience as a Business Analyst/Tester.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Testing/Analytical skills - Thinking Interprets quantitative and qualitative information to achieve a business-related objective. Produces effective solutions to complex problems. Identifies underlying trends and issues and does not always stop at initial answer. Systematic and logical.
- Good problem solving skills in order to resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Ability to meet individual targets and goals with accurate results.
- Experience of formal system analysis and design methodologies.
- Basic SQL Skills.
- Produces effective solutions to complex problems. Identifies underlying trends and issues and does not always stop at initial answer.
- GCSE (or equivalent) grade C or above in English and Mathematics OR equivalent experience in career history.
- Demonstrate a positive motivated attitude.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Display a 'can-do' attitude.
- Ability to achieve tight deadlines.
- Takes responsibility for own work.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Exceptional listener.
- Good team player.
- Able to balance the conflicting needs of others to deliver the best possible outcome.
Your specialist: Anne Murray
Quote job ref: 8349
Hi, I'm your specialist Anne and I can't wait to hear from you about this job. You can simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.