Our client seeks Business Analysts to assist their team on a temporary 6 Months contract
You will enable change in the organisation through understanding business / project objectives, defining requirements, and supporting the identification of solutions that deliver value to stakeholders. The value of business analysis is in realisation of benefits, avoidance of cost, identification of new opportunities, understanding of required capabilities and modelling the organisation.
- Understands the business, its strategic goals and how work is being conducted.
- Captures, validates and documents business and system requirements ensuring they are in line with key strategic principles, and translated from business operations, business objectives, or from external requirements.
- Interrogates and interprets large volumes of data.
- Conducts and supports feasibility/solution options and impact analysis.
- Develops high level operating and business models.
- Creates and maintains documentation (e.g. process documentation and training material) as well as supporting controls and quality assurance for key stakeholders and suppliers.
- Identifies and supports cut-over and implementation tasks
- Is accountable for full traceability and linkage of business requirements to future state design.
- May be involved in creating and executing test scenarios and test scripts at various stages of the project in order to validate the solution design. Facilitates UAT and supports business users in executing the UAT.
- Builds, manages and maintains a positive working relationship with stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers across multiple franchises and functions.
- Identifies and analyses Operational risk, issues and dependencies around transitional and future state designs and proactively highlights to Project manager as necessary.
- Applies P3M (Portfolio, Programme, Project and Resource Management) standard process by understanding the development lifecycles and minimum mandatory requirements as well as an awareness of Agile and other methodologies where appropriate.
- Promote and drive Simplifying The Bank opportunities leveraging DtL, Lean and other methodologies to create efficiencies for customers and colleagues .
- Complete all mandatory training/accreditations as applicable to your role and your team
- Support improving team and customer performance by Role modelling Core Service Behaviours, Standards and adoption of Determined to Lead tools and techniques
- Operate within our people processes and policies e.g. performance management, absence & leave etc.
More Senior Business Analysts:
- More experienced Business Analysts have specialist knowledge which allows them to understand and interpret complex requirements.
- Utilises specialist knowledge and/or experience of business areas, products and systems to ensure effective and innovative solution design.
- Identify the wider business impact across key outputs and processes
- Articulates and quantifies business impacts in a tangible manner which allows stakeholders to make informed decisions
- Manages the analysis of complex cross franchise and pan group requirements
- People & Leadership - Create a culture of continuous improvement, increasing efficiency and productivity through great people leadership, coaching, engagement and development of skills:
- Display behaviours in line with Standards and Values
- Improve team and customer performance by actively driving the adoption of Determined to Lead and Core Service Behaviours tools and techniques
- Drive and support the plans to improve engagement within the unit / function e.g.: communication, employee wellbeing, corporate & social responsibility
- Manage the team ensuring all people processes and policies are adhered to e.g. performance management, absence & leave etc.
- Identify opportunities to develop staff in line with the Talent and Skills frameworks, delivering effective succession and capability planning across the unit / function
- Complete all mandatory training/accreditations as applicable to your role and ensure your team have completed as required
- Conduct & Risk
- Comply with Code, all policies, 'How we manage the Business', and deliver against all relevant statutory, regulatory, supervisory and legal obligations. Additionally, use the 'Yes' check to guide and support decision-making.
- Proactive identification and effective management and/or escalation of conduct risk to deliver key customer outcomes.
- Own, manage and supervise the risks which exist in the business area, ensuring mechanisms are in place to identify, report, manage and mitigate risk within a defined Risk Appetite, working in conjunction with the 2LODEnhance the Risk culture in your unit with a focus on proactive end to end risk management, leading to an improved control environment
Key Skills & Experience:
- Change Framework (P3M) An appropriate Business Analyst Certification (e.g. BAX, CPRE, CBAP)
- Proven application of business analysis tools and techniques
- Specialist knowledge, e.g., professional qualification such as accounting or business experience.
- Business Analysts working in Technology:
- Experience of delivering business analysis in a Technology/IT function.
Your specialist: Mark Burman
Quote job ref: 9749
Hi, I'm Mark and alongside Clare we look after all the temp / contract roles. If this exciting job sounds up your street, please submit your details, we look forward to hearing from you.