Business Services Supervisor
Our client seeks a Business Services Supervisor to join their team.
Role: To execute delegated work to a high professional standard in an attempt to enhance productivity and efficiency to ensure client satisfaction and to optimise personal development, and progress to supervisor duties.
Service to clients
- To ensure that delegated work is completed to a high professional standard, a standard greater than which the client expects.
- To complete the work effectively and efficiently within the budget agreed in advance with the manager concerned and to assist in planning assignments as required.
- To delegate work to junior members of staff wherever appropriate and supervise and review their work.
- To ensure the appropriate audit and accounts preparation documentation is completed to a high standard.
- To develop an understanding of the client's affairs and an appreciation of the economic and commercial climate in which they operate.
- To provide feedback to managers of all client developments/opportunities of which you become aware.
- To report any further available services to clients to meet their needs.
- To take responsibility for current client and become their main point of contact. Take on the role of field manager for current engagements.
Maintaining professional and technical standards
- Adhere to the firm's and Institute's or Association's professional standards and to be aware of developments or pronouncements from the Financial Reporting Council, ICAEW or similar regulatory and professional bodies.
- Read the technical updates and bulletins circulated from the relevant professional bodies, and obtain relevant background information.
- Apply technical and personal skills covered on training courses to assignments.
- Develop and improve professional, managerial and technical skills.
- Consider the audit approach to assignments and ensure the most cost effective route adopted.
- Review the level of non-chargeable time and keep to a minimum.
- Ensure the audit manager is aware of any holiday requirements well in advance and be aware of staff planning and inform relevant manager of any problems with planning.
- Effectively manage a small portfolio of clients and take responsibility for timetabling, budgeting and billing of them.
- Ensure the agreed timetable and deadlines are met and keep the client updated throughout the engagement for all clients.
- Where there are other members of the engagement team, ensure they are briefed and supported through the engagement.
- As directed by the manager, assist with the management aspects of the wider portfolio.
- Brief more junior staff and ensure completion of delegated work is to a satisfactory standard.
- Ensure that junior staff receive adequate, on the job training.
- Review and assess the work of junior staff and report on strengths and weaknesses to the staff director when requested to do so.
- Ensure that junior members of staff are given the opportunity to work on all sections of the audit file and on more complex accounts jobs, under supervision, in order to develop their skills.
- Qualified Accountant
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Previous experience of managing a junior team
Your specialist: Sally Fenton
Quote job ref: 10773
Hi, I'm Sally and this is one of the job roles I am looking after for this super business. If this job is of interest for you, please submit your CV and we will come back to you to arrange the next staging.