Business Systems Analyst
Our Client seeks a Business Systems Analyst to join their team to play a key role in the technical design of business solutions in collaboration with the Business Analyst, taking into account existing system structures, reliance's, dependencies and limitations.
- Applies data analysis, data modelling and quality assurance techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of business processes, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and associated components.
- Investigates current data structures and system setups for processes in use and designs enhancements to or additional processes to achieve the desired business solution.
- Advises database designers and other application development team members on the details of data structures and associated components.
- Investigates problems in systems, processes and services. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Able to interpret concepts, ideas and facts by using graphical representations.
- Condenses and encapsulates the characteristics of data, making it easier to surface opportunities, identify risk, and analyse trends to drive effective decision making.
- Presents findings and data insights in creative ways to facilitate the understanding of data cross a range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Systematically creates new knowledge by data gathering, innovation, experimentation, evaluation and dissemination.
- Able to determine research goals and the appropriate method by which the research will be conducted.
- Actively participates in a community of researchers; communicating formally and informally through digital media, conferences, journals, books and seminars as appropriate.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Advanced SQL Skills.
- Experience of database design for:
- Relational Databases, including ERDs, schema design and data normalisation.
- Data Warehouses, including ETL process design and star schemas.
- Analytical skills - Thinking Interprets quantitative and qualitative information to achieve a business-related objective. Produces effective solutions to complex problems. Identifies underlying trends and issues and does not always stop at initial answer. Systematic and logical.
- Good problem-solving skills in order to resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Ability to meet individual targets and goals with accurate results.
- Experience of formal system analysis and design methodologies.
- Produces effective solutions to complex problems. Identifies underlying trends and issues and does not always stop at initial answer.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
- AS level or equivalent in Mathematics, Physics, Computing, OR Degree in a computer related subject.
Your specialist: Pam Dixon
Quote job ref: 8601
Hi, I'm Pam and I can help you with your submission to this role. Simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.