Chief Operating Officer (OV)
Our client is looking for a Chief Operating Officer to join their team.
The Role: Our Client is looking for a Chief Operating Officer (COO) who is a transformational and inspirational leader, whilst having a demonstrable pedigree in the world of IOT. This senior appointment will require the individual to have knowledge of complex technology delivery within the telecommunications industry.
The successful candidate will be a significant part of the leadership team for the stand-alone business unit, which is positioned with excellent propositions in existing markets and a pipeline of opportunities that make this an extremely exciting space.
As the COO of this growth division, this role will be fundamental in helping to achieve Group aspirations. You will be tasked with leading an agile, responsive, customer and service focused business and in delivering high quality growth.
- Working closely with the other senior leaders to drive the strategic vision, including fostering and cultivating highly effecting working relationships both internally and externally with all stakeholders and relevant third parties.
- Inspiring an inclusive culture where everyone is empowered to perform at the highest level, contributing to the mission of delivering to our customer needs.
- Contributing the management of the business through clear strategic aims, strong operational execution and ensuring profitable delivery against a backdrop of significant market growth particularly in the IOT space.
- Supporting and developing the key relationships internally, whilst focusing on the external position of the business in its' marketplace, raising profile and developing mutually beneficial relationships.
- Inspiring a team of enthusiastic, motivated professionals behind a vision and mission with which they can personally engage and managing everyone in a manner where they can deliver to the best of their ability.
- Key management of partners, clients and vendors.
- Creating an effective delivery flow whilst ensuring high performance to meet the ever-changing needs and demands of the business and driving organisational effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Working with relevant cross-functional department teams to participate in the production of sound business plans and to help ensure the accuracy of budget predictions.
- Monitoring and tracking the industry trends and developments to support the delivery of strategic plans.
- Fostering a culture of continuous improvement, developing successors and taking ownership of personal and professional growth. managing the development of the business' capabilities and ensuring that key skills and expertise are transferred to relevant individuals in line with business plans and developments
Key Skills and Experience:
- Having executive management experience within the IOT and Telecoms industry
- You will be a leader who builds those around you, bringing each individual into their full potential.
- Your passion for technology comes from a service mentality - meaning that you truly believe technology exists to meet the needs of the customer and to make their experience better (faster, easier, more reliable, enjoyable etc).
- You'll have experience as a senior leader in a high growth (or turnaround environment), with a track record of successful delivery within the IOT industry.
- You will be able to set a clear vision (in conjunction with others) and to connect with people at all levels in a manner that inspires and motivates them.
- You will have drive and energy to take the business forward and to galvanise those around you to join the campaign.
- You will be a people-focussed, cross-functional leader with experience of managing diverse teams.
- Your broad commercial expertise, gained within an IOT driven Technology or Telecoms organisation will stand you in excellent stead.
- Strategically experienced with a deep working knowledge of the intricacies of an international business, you can assess complex situations and markets to identify opportunity and risk, while having a clear service and delivery focus and a record of leading mutually beneficial customer interactions.
- A strong leader who will engender respect and engage with our people to achieve the business vision, while having the ability to communicate this vision confidently to all stakeholders.
- Open minded, proactive and progressive, with a change-oriented approach and an appetite for addressing any legacy issues, challenge the status quo to bring about positive change by supporting, developing and executing a clear strategy.
- Telecommunications pedigree (probably more than a decade in the game)
- In depth understanding of IOT propositions and the mechanics which support these
- Experience feeding into a commercial strategy
- Past experience of managing a diverse group, ensuring buy in and delivery of the vision
- Whilst work experience will always weigh more heavily than qualifications, it is likely that you will have achieved a good standard of formal education (e.g. tertiary level)
Your specialist: Sally Fenton
Quote job ref: 12584
Hi, I'm Sally and this is one of the job roles I am looking after for this super business. If this job is of interest for you, please submit your CV and we will come back to you to arrange the next staging.