Our client seeks a Claims Administrator to join their team.
Role Profile: To deliver direct customer service to clients and advisers which involves the processing of payments within daily deadlines to meet published servicing levels.
- To communicate with others confidently and effectively both in written form and verbally, internal and external via telephone, fax and e-mail.
- To review a problem, identify the root cause and recommend actions to resolve an issue.
- To be able to learn and apply a variety of legislative and regulatory policies. Adhering to regulatory legislation and ensuring compliance requirements are met.
- To organise the day to day case load in line with team priorities. Capable of prioritising own case actions and at times support the Supervisor by organising priorities for the team when on post duties and email distribution. Ability to work to strict daily deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is critical in the preparation of payments, providing information to Customer and Advisers in addition to input of data to all systems. Accurate and timely provision of calculations for (and not exclusively) chargeable gain, single withdrawals and surrenders. To undertake reviews of processes and to be able to test and amend their effectiveness as required.
- IT knowledge/a thorough understanding of the bespoke customer database and the accurate use of it particularly in regard to updating, validating personal details such as bank account details and addresses.
- Have a full understanding of receiving, validating and updating regular transactions such as setting up and payment of all categories of withdrawals, including cancellations, all categories of surrenders and the proper administration of death claims.
- Working effectively and collaboratively in a team ensuring that both personal and team deliverables are met.
- To have a thorough and demonstrable understanding of AML provisions as they apply to the functions of the team.
- Cross-business collaboration, liaising with Finance as required to support reconciliation queries.
Key Skills & Experience:
- GCSE (or equivalent) grade C or above for English and Maths.
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook). Everyday use.
- Strong administration skills and experience.
- Ability to write letters and emails to a professional standard.
- Knowledge of AML/KYC requirements.
- Excellent telephone manner - daily use.
- Has experience of delivering accurate and professional standards even when up against challenging deadlines and service standards.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work within a team or on own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Positive can-do attitude.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Clear understanding of customer service values.
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
- A good knowledge of the business' product range, charging structures and procedures.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Previous Claims experience.
- FPC1, CF2, IAQ 1 qualifications or equivalent.
- Experience of working in the finance or life assurance industry.
- Computer literate - comfortable using a wide variety of systems.
- Proactive and keen to expand knowledge and take on new tasks.
- Ability to achieve tight deadlines
- Flexible/adaptable to changing priorities.
- Ability to network across the business areas to give and receive information.
- Previous experience in a customer facing role.
- Good working knowledge of relevant regulatory legislation.
Your specialist: Debbie Amankwa
Quote job ref: 10500
Hi, I'm Debbie and I look forward to receiving your submission for this fantastic opportunity with this business.