Our client seeks a Claims Manager to join their team.
Role Profile: Take ownership of the management of the claims for a specific client and deliver the complete suite of claims management services ranging from day to day tasks and statistical data management through to preparing Board papers and Boardroom participation. Classes of business written are Assets/Business Interruption, Fidelity Guarantee/Crime, Marine Cargo, Liabilities, Hired in Plant, Group Personal Accident & Travel, Terrorism, Corporate Protection, Contractors All Risks, Professional Indemnity, Aviation and Cyber.
- Become the point of contact for client claims enquiries.
- Receiving all new claims from the servicing brokers in South Africa and reporting to reinsurers where required in terms of Claim Protocols.
- Attend to claims requests and special claims reports from the reinsurance placing brokers.
- Preparation of the claims section of client Board packs.
- Responding to and coordination of all stakeholder queries (inclusive of client, IOMFSA, external audit and internal stakeholders) ensuring timely service.
- Day to day administrative claims related duties, opening claims files and acknowledge/corresponding with servicing brokers, and placement brokers, including general administration, maintaining records and ensuring that diary files are drawn and attended to regularly.
- Reviewing reserves on the claims stats and be watchful for claims errors made by the servicing brokers.
- Provide input to the underwriting team for underwriting decisions.
- Prepare claims schedules as requested by various stakeholders.
- Contribute to the claims underwriting/renewal submissions.
- Calculate claims reserve, including the review of IBNR reserves in line with the reserving and IBNR policies of the Company and IOM regulatory requirements.
- Determine aggregate erosions per class and risk layer and claims statistics including claims paid, outstanding and recoveries, and provide details to reinsurers and servicing brokers.
Checking and Authorising
- Appoint or approve loss adjusters and attorneys and evaluate the validity of claims engaging with these parties as well as reinsurers and other stakeholders.
- Authorise urgent requests made by International SOS on employees' emergency situations.
- Review, authorise and process all payment requests by insured Members.
- Attend meetings with servicing brokers, reinsurance brokers and Members as required.
- Presentation of claims reports at client Board meetings.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the client and understand their needs.
- Maintain good relationships with servicing brokers, Members, GRMS, reinsurers, auditors and other service providers.
- Communicate, negotiate and meet with servicing brokers, local insurers, loss adjusters and attorneys on larger and problematic losses where required.
- Deal with queries or claims complaints that may arise from policyholders.
- Build a network of internal and external contacts to assist in the service of clients.
- Participation in client and group related project work as required.
Education and Training
- Arrange claims workshops for policyholders and/service brokers as required.
- Stay abreast of VAT and application thereof to the insurance claims and solve VAT queries.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Minimum ACII qualification and 5 years' experience in commercial claims handling at a senior level, additional relevant qualifications would be advantageous.
- Highly organised with strong administrative qualities and high standards of accuracy.
- Demonstrable knowledge of claims management with good technical skills and experience of handling all classes of claims.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal, with good negotiation skills, demonstrating both assertiveness and approachability and good manager of relationships.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Responsible, demonstrates integrity and trust.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Able to analyse and use judgement to make decisions and also manage conflict.
- Confident in working with external clients and all service providers.
- Able to demonstrate team focus.
- Able to demonstrate networking.
- Ability to quickly assimilate and implement knowledge.
Your specialist: Anne Murray
Quote job ref: 10272
Hi, I'm your specialist Anne and I can't wait to hear from you about this job. You can simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.