Isle of Man
Our client seeks a Client Bookkeeper to join their team.
Role Profile: Supporting the Bookkeeping and Accounting Team, the Bookkeeper will be responsible for the completion of bank, investment and property bookkeeping as well as relevant control reconciliations.
- The Bookkeeper will be expected to develop a good working relationship and work proactively with the Trust Administration Teams to resolve queries and assist the Accounting Team with the preparation of accurate trial balances.
- Take ownership, prioritise workload and communicate effectively with their line manager and third parties.
- You will also have a good understanding of online banking and accounting systems and will be able to demonstrate an ability to familiarise with new systems effectively.
- Achieve personal targets as set out for their role (this will include targets for time recording and utilisation) and will also take action to ensure agreed business risk targets are met.
- You will have the technical capability to understand and manage risk with the support of their line manager, escalating where necessary and required in accordance with policies.
- Support with the timely completion of accurate bookkeeping in line with relevant policies and procedures.
- Responsible for completing a portfolio of bank, investment and property bookkeeping, as well as relevant control reconciliations.
- Supporting your peers and also special project work as required.
Key Skills and Experience:
- You will be a dynamic individual who has experience in bookkeeping and can demonstrate an enthusiastic, confident, mature and professional manner in the workplace.
- The successful candidate will hold a relevant professional bookkeeping qualification (such as AAT or CAT). Other equivalent qualifications and work experience will be considered.
- Experience in the Fiduciary industry is desirable but not essential.
- Prior experience in Trust and Company bookkeeping will be beneficial.
- Working knowledge and understanding of relevant governance, compliance, risk policies and procedures.
- Ability to use judgement and initiative in applying standard work practices and solving day to day problems.
- The successful candidate will be flexible and professional when working under time driven pressures and will have good prioritisation and time management skills.
- The candidate will be able to deliver results without compromising on quality and accuracy.
- They will be a strong team player, self-motivated and focussed on exceeding targets and goals.
Your specialist: Angie Westmorland
Quote job ref: 13219
Hi I'm Angie, I am working on this amazing opportunity with one of the Island's leading employers, click apply now and I will be in touch.