Client Director - Business Developer
Our Fiduciary Client seeks a Business Developer to join their team.
The purpose of this role is, together with the other members of the senior leadership team, to develop new business from both new and existing client relationships and global intermediaries for the Isle of Man business and the wider Group ensuring this is aligned to, and promotes, the business' growth strategy and its culture.
- Responsible for developing relationships with international new business introducers such as law and accountancy firms, banking and other financial services and wealth management organisations, seeking opportunities to do more for existing clients and to develop relationships with new prospective clients and their advisors.
- Working closely with intermediaries, client advisors and the trust and corporate administration teams to identify and fulfil client needs using solutions offered by the Group as appropriate.
- You will ensure compliance with all regulatory and legal obligations associated with the administration activity, promoting adherence to policies and procedure at all times.
- Undertake business development activity, identifying potential opportunities for new / existing clients and intermediaries, liaising with colleagues in the Isle of Man and within the wider Group to ensure structuring and other needs are identified and fulfilled effectively utilising the Groups capability as appropriate;
- Working closely with colleagues across the Group, the role holder will be responsible for the visibility and understanding of the service offering within chosen markets and with key intermediaries;
- Presentations to existing and prospective clients and their advisors in relation to the global solution set, seeking opportunities to do more for existing clients and to meet prospective client needs;
- Where the business has been chosen as the preferred provider, the role holder will have responsibility for the pricing of the service offering ensuring it is commercial;
- Responsible for ensuring that when embarks upon a new or expanded client relationship that all associated documentation is completed and will liaise with colleagues in respect of wider due diligence / KYC requirements;
- Accountability for ensuring that policy and procedure is complied with and that fiduciary, legal and regulatory obligations are met driving escalation when necessary;
- As a member of the senior leadership team providing demonstrable support for the strategy of the Isle of Man business and the wider Group; and
- A role model for values and behaviours whilst supporting these in others to ensure focus on, and alignment to, Mission and Vision;
- Responsibility for ongoing personal development in partnership with the business and meeting the associated CPD obligation;
- Delivery against agreed sales driven targets with the potential for remuneration to be partly derived as a bonus based on sales performance.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Ideally be educated to degree level and must also have appropriate professional qualifications (STEP, ICSA, ACCA / ACA).
- A proven track record in sales in the international financial services environment;
- Extensive offshore structures and wealth planning experience across multiple asset classes (financial investments, real estate, family businesses, operating business, onshore assets, artwork and antiquities, intellectual property and marine and aviation) with significant expertise in technical trust, company, taxation and fiduciary matters;
- A flair for building and maintaining client and professional relationships and for developing new business;
- Skilled at presenting to private and corporate clients and to professional business introducers on a range of fiduciary and other services;
- In-depth knowledge of legal obligations and compliance regulations and a full understanding of general regulatory principles; and
- Proven track record of dealing with high net worth individuals and their advisors;
- Proven track record of dealing with corporate clients.
- Strong leadership skills are expected and are demonstrated by individual development and motivation, driving performance, embracing and driving through change initiatives and by adopting the business culture, values and behaviours;
- Excellent organisational skills, creative but pragmatic approach and the desire to challenge the status quo to drive efficiency, increased performance and growth;
- Build and develop relationships with a reputation for integrity and with the ability to evoke trust and openness in clients, colleagues and intermediaries;
- High level of self-motivation and discipline;
- Strong written, oral and presentational communication skills are critical;
- Ability to use interpretative thinking and advanced analytical skills to solve problems / design solutions in complex / sensitive situations;
- Recognised internally and externally as a technical expert and a “thought leader” with deep technical knowledge and understanding of industry theory, developments and initiatives and practical experience within the wealth management / fiduciary industry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a critical requirement of the position.
- Multi lingual capability is desirable.
Your specialist: Anne Murray
Quote job ref: 8256
Hi, I'm your specialist Anne and I can't wait to hear from you about this job. You can simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.