We are looking for next Company Secretary for our client. You will Provide excellent support to the International Business Oversight Board and its Board Committees. And ensure the business entities operate within governance arrangements and in line Companies Act and other relevant legislation across its various jurisdictions
- Act as Company Secretary to certain key Boards and Board Committees, as agreed, in accordance with corporate governance arrangements.
- Work with the respective Chairs, Non-executive Directors and Management to set appropriate board calendar, manage the Board Charter, including role profiles, Terms of Reference and Matters Reserved to the Board.
- Perform annual effectiveness review and review against the relevant Charter.
- Working with Regulatory Compliance, support the directors in demonstrating that the directors are fulfilling their regulatory responsibilities.
- Working with Regulatory Compliance, support any new director applications for relevant regulators.
- Oversee and support the induction of NEDs to the Board / Committees.
- Manage the entities within the business to ensure Group entity statutory records are compliant with legal, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Draft non-routine board minutes, papers and statutory forms.
- Review corporate documentation such as report and accounts
- Respond to technical company secretarial queries from the business.
- Ensure that the Company Secretarial policies and procedures are reviewed routinely and implemented in an appropriate manner.
- Manage the statutory and regulatory filings and contribute to filing requirements, such as close links or disclosures in the Annual Report and Accounts to ensure that they are completed on time to the appropriate standard.
- Undertake research on technical matters and share knowledge with other team members.
- Update the Co-Sec Statuary databases and records as required.
- Manage projects to support the delivery of the overall team and strategy.
- Oversee execution of corporate documentation.
- Manage the provision of company secretarial services to the Board subsidiaries.
- Provide full Company Secretarial services to key management committees as agreed.
- Provide routine reports to more senior committees.
- Work with the respective Chairs to ensure good agenda and meeting management
Key Skills and Experience:
- Detailed understanding of Company Law across all markets
- Detailed understanding of corporate governance arrangements
- Stakeholder management - excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational and forward planning skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Commitment to organisational excellence.
- Displays independence, honesty, integrity, and a strong sense of ethics in all decisions and actions.
- Able to work on own initiative, as well as diverse groups
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines, in particular in instances where the law dictates timeframes for responsiveness.
- Capable of maintaining the secrecy and confidentiality of professional matters
- Act as appointed Company Secretary
- This role may also be subject to regulatory approval.
- Proven Company Secretary experience gained in a professional or regulated environment, including knowledge of governance requirements in IOM.
- Good understanding of corporate governance arrangements
- Good experience of influencing with senior stakeholders.
- Educated to degree level
- Qualified Chartered Secretary (ICSA) or extensive relevant experience
Your specialist: Anne Murray
Quote job ref: 12257
Hi, I'm your specialist Anne and I can't wait to hear from you about this job. You can simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.