Our Client seeks a Company Secretary to join their team.
Role Profile: The successful candidate will be responsible for day-to-day administration of a growing number of group entities and to control the Group's company secretarial requirements (IOM & UK).
- Convening and servicing annual general meetings (AGMs)/meetings (producing agendas, taking minutes, conveying decisions, handling meeting correspondence and so on);
- Training directors and members of the senior leadership team on corporate governance matters;
- Keeping up to date with any regulatory or statutory changes and policies that might affect the organization;
- Ensuring that policies are up to date and are approved;
- Providing support to the board or other committees on specific projects;
- Implementing processes or systems to help ensure good management of the organisation or compliance with legislation and writing reports;
- Overseeing the day-to-day administration of the company, e.g. maintaining statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries, organising board meetings and AGMs, preparing agendas and taking minutes.
- Annual returns for UK & Isle of Man entities;
- Work closely with external CSP's to ensure IOM 2006 company compliance;
- Liaise with shareholders to ensure that registers of members and Persons with Significant Control are accurately maintained;
- Support the directors with new insurance requirements and annual renewals;
- Ensure that the Group's insurance policies are adequate and cost effective;
- Ensure compliance with insurers' requirements;
- Manage insurance policy claims;
- Create and close companies as directed, including opening/closing of bank accounts, Corporation Tax/PAYE/VAT registration/deregistration.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Must be able to work on own initiative to achieve desired results;
- Able to undertake own research to deal with problems that arise;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate with suppliers and internal staff effectively;
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines;
- Creative approach to problem solving necessary;
- Ability to develop new ideas;
- Good team player;
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work;
- Good organisation skills essential to juggle the busy work load and reporting requirements;
- Professional qualification preferred (ICSA or equivalent)
Your specialist: Anne Murray
Quote job ref: 8866
Hi, I'm your specialist Anne and I can't wait to hear from you about this job. You can simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.