Compliance and Data Protection Officer
Our Client is seeking a Compliance and Data Protection Officer to join their team.
- The Data Protection Officer (DPO) must have sufficient jurisdiction-specific expertise in EU and global privacy law, to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and the Data Protection Policy and Minimum Standards to effectively support and advise the business.
- Develop Data Protection Policies, Standards and Procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and to mitigate potential data breaches or issues of non-compliance.
- Determine the need to carry out data protection impact assessments and assist Business Units in carrying out data protection impact assessments where required.
- Develop and deliver privacy training to Business Units to raise employee awareness of data privacy and security issues and to ensure data protection knowledge remains up to date, understood and tailored to business needs.
- Co-operate with internal stakeholders, including Information Risk Management, Integrated Operational Risk, Compliance, Technology and Legal (or analogous functions). Work collaboratively with designated Data Stewards across to help implement data privacy best practice.
- The DPO is responsible for leading and promoting data protection compliance across the business and will serve as the primary contact for supervisory authorities and individuals whose data are processed by the business..
- Maintain a Data Privacy Regulatory Universe and assist in preparing Data Protection Risk Management Plans.
- Manage and conduct ongoing reviews of the privacy governance framework and regular and ad hoc reporting on data privacy compliance within the organisation.
- Ensure that data processor contracts include content that adequately regulates the controller- processor relationship by having sufficient precautions in place to fairly and adequately protect the Bank.
- Implement data protection by design and by default that are suited to the risks and nature of processing operations.
- Manage and conduct ongoing reviews of the privacy governance framework and regular and ad hoc reporting on data privacy compliance within the organisation to ensure compliance to all the relevant policies and procedures of the Bank.
- Utilise established mechanisms for reporting and resolving non-compliance with data protection regulatory requirements. Immediately report material compliance related matters to the Regional Head of Compliance.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and liaison with the Information Commissioner's Office and other Data Protection Authorities on all data protection related matters under relevant data protection legislation.
- Analyse and identify compliance risks, processes and controls and provide advice to Business Units to effectively manage compliance issues.
- Establish a compliance culture that contributes to the overall objective of prudent risk management by the Bank by upskilling staff members across the licensed entities within the Bank in order to reduce the risk exposure to the Bank.
- Contribute towards the delivery of the annual compliance plan, in partnership with the wider Compliance team.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Have a minimum of five years experience in a regulatory approved role and currently hold "approved person" status.
- Have significant compliance experience gained within Financial Services, preferably with experience across Wealth, Private Clients and Trust Services.
- Have expert knowledge of EU data protection laws and practices and sufficient knowledge of information technology and data management systems.
- The ability to assess governance and control frameworks against the appropriate risk appetite and enhance the risk management culture in line with the organisational objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of risk management methodologies, tools, governance structures and regulatory requirements for good management of risk.
- The ability to interpret regulations and laws that apply to the business and to provide information to business on how to comply.
- Understand the Banking industry and the impact that the economic and regulatory environment have on the organisation. Application of this knowledge in the assessment of risks and recommend appropriate control and quality frameworks.
Your specialist: Sally Fenton
Quote job ref: 9502
Hi, I'm Sally and this is one of the job roles I am looking after for this super business. If this job is of interest for you, please submit your CV and we will come back to you to arrange the next staging.