Our client is looking for a Compliance Assistant to join their team.
Role: To assist with ensuring compliance within the regulatory environment, including requirements relating to anti-money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism. To perform a broad range of Risk & Compliance related tasks relating to the ongoing review and assessment of the client base and companies under management and business activities and in doing so; support The Company and its group Compliance function; and ensure client service excellence is delivered to internal and external clients following the policies and objectives of The Company.
- Review and assess Customer Due-Diligence (CDD) to remove or mitigate areas of risk to The Company, and all the entities under management, with regard to Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Countering Terrorist Financing (CFT), Bribery & Corruption or The Company's Operation.
- Review of existing client account information and documentation to verify that all applicable legal, regulatory, procedural and process requirements are satisfied.
- Use of 3rd party software to check clients or potential clients against Sanctions lists or warning issued by a competent authority.
- Make capable and effective decisions and escalate problems within reporting lines.
- Apply sound business judgment to identify and escalate any unusual or suspicious activities to senior management or the MLRO as required.
- Assist and guide business colleagues in application of AML / CFT / CDD requirements.
- Communicate with Relationship Managers, Intermediaries and any other relevant internal/external parties.
- Undertake other administration tasks and provide Compliance cover as required where training has been received, (i.e. deputise for the Compliance Officer where knowledge base allows).
- Assist in ad-hoc operational project work as assigned, to support and promote future business development.
- Provide assistance with any and all additional duties where knowledge base allows
Key Skills and Experience:
- A professional qualification such as International Compliance Association (ICA) or similar would be an advantage, but suitable candidates may be qualified through relevant or similar industry experience. If no present qualification the candidate must be prepared to study towards a relevant professional qualification.
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
- At least 2 years' experience in a financial services environment
- Experience in Risk & Compliance requirements, including but not limited to, CDD / EDD for high net worth individuals and more complex financial structures such as trusts, corporate and foundations across multiple jurisdictions worldwide
- Experienced in risk classification processes and in identifying and handling risk related information and documentation
- A minimum of 2 years relevant AML / CDD experience preferred
- An understanding of regulatory framework in IOM
- Knowledge of IOM AML / CDD procedures
- Knowledge of Trust, Company and / or banking administration activities, both technical and operational
- Experience in relation to undertaking conduct of business monitoring
- Good commercial awareness
Abilities and Skills
- Good level of skill in the use of standard Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- Good level of written and oral communication skills enabling effective contact at all levels both internal and external
- Ability to work on own initiative
- A detailed and structured approach
- Demonstrate initiative, adaptability and flexibility in order to cope with the ever-changing demands of the regulatory environment
- Good level of analytical and problem solving
- Good interpersonal skills
- High level of organisational and prioritisation skills
- High degree of flexibility and willingness to help others
- Friendly and professional manner
Your specialist: Debbie Amankwa
Quote job ref: 12026
Hi, I'm Debbie and I look forward to receiving your submission for this fantastic opportunity with this business.