Our client seeks a Compliance Officer to join their team.
Role Profile: The Compliance Officer will work within the Isle of Man Compliance Team to help foster and maintain a sound compliance framework by helping to manage compliance risk and add value through the provision of second line of defence compliance services and support. The Compliance Officer will play an integral part in assisting in the implementation, oversight, monitoring and adherence to the company\`s compliance policies, processes, systems and controls, and reporting requirements, to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, whilst maintaining effective working relationships with Senior Management, compliance peers and regional staff.
- Assist the Head of Compliance in ensuring that the company remains in compliance with Isle of Man and International laws, rules, regulations, policy, and ethical standards and Group policies;
- Liaising with regulators, management, staff and other stakeholders;
- Prepare Group Compliance reporting and the annual update of Compliance policies and procedures;
- Assist in preparing management and Board compliance reporting;
- Perform monitoring and tracking of regulatory horizon scanning and liaise with management to ensure implementation;
- Assist in the preparation and execution of the annual Compliance monitoring plan including the collation of evidence, documentation reviews, the collation of feedback the drafting of reports and tracking of outcomes;
- Assist in supporting development projects, Compliance projects, working groups and ongoing initiatives;
- Perform the role as DMLRO;
- Assist in supporting compliance with Automatic Exchange of Information requirements and reporting; and
- Assist in performing Company Secretarial duties.
Key Skills & Experience:
- At least 3-5 years' experience working in Compliance in the Financial Services industry, preferably with a multi-jurisdictional insurer or within the fund industry;
- Strong technical compliance skills including experience undertaking analysis of regulation and providing input and opinions to Compliance peers and managers;
- An understanding of, and ability to, identify regulatory risks to the business;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral;
- Strong IT skills;
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and manage stakeholder requests with own workloads;
- Strong report writing competencies with the ability to summarise effectively;
- Excellent work ethic, organised and able to meet deadlines;
- Objective, analytical and lateral thinking individual with an eye for detail, inquisitive approach and willingness to challenge the norm;
- Seeks to develop and maintain effective working relationships with peers and managers;
- Proactive in helping to identify and implement new or better ways of working;
- Will typically hold a relevant professional qualification related to compliance and/or AML/CFT; and
- Based in the Isle of Man office with home working.
Your specialist: Pam Dixon
Quote job ref: 10177
Hi, I'm Pam and I can help you with your submission to this role. Simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.