Our Client is seeking a Compliance Officer to join their team.
- Actively contribute to the day-to-day activities of the Compliance Team, in line with the overarching objectives of the Group Risk and Compliance (GRC) Department.
- Undertake routine AML monitoring, as specified by the MLRO review Plan, in accordance with relevant assurance obligations.
- Assist with and deliver broader assurance testing in respect of Life Company and service provider compliance.
- Provide support in the analysis and communication of consultation papers, thematic reviews and other developments.
- Horizon scanning of the broader environment for significant and material developments.
- Establish and maintain the 'client instruction process' to improve the audit trail and formality of internal instructions arising from regulatory analysis.
- Assist with the training and support services to staff across the Group.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Professionally qualified or currently studying towards a relevant qualification (i.e. ICA Certificate or Diploma or equivalent).
- 3 years' experience in a compliance role within the financial services industry.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of the legal and regulatory frameworks governing the Group Island-wide and Globally.
- Knowledge and understanding of risk management, internal control and corporate governance principles and practices.
- Working knowledge of fraud risk and the appropriate means for detection, investigation and prevention.
- Ability to build positive working relationships with colleagues and a willingness to share knowledge and expertise in compliance tools and techniques.
- Ability to manage and resolve conflict and interact effectively with the senior management team.
- Pro-actively manage own workload and performance in a busy and challenging environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of ethics and integrity.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written, to a wide range of audiences.
- System Knowledge Competent in Microsoft applications: Including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
Your specialist: Pam Dixon
Quote job ref: 9528
Hi, I'm Pam and I can help you with your submission to this role. Simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.