Corporate AML Specialist
Our client seeks a Corporate AML Specialist to join their team.
Role: Perform periodic reviews of high risk files, including PEP relationships and when a “trigger” event occurs. Review and co-ordinate new high risk account applications. Perform Quality Assurance and NAS on high risk files and/or new account applications. Provide SME guidance on all high risk processes.
- Review high risk files periodically, including when a “trigger” event occurs, to ensure that all risks are understood, assessed and articulated clearly in a High Risk Summary report along with a suitable explanation of plausibility.
- Review and co-ordinate high risk on-boarding applications to ensure new accounts are opened efficiently in line with necessary policies and procedures.
- Ensure Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) are appropriately on-boarded and/or reviewed in line with necessary policies and procedures.
- Liaise with Relationship Directors, intermediaries and direct customers to gather required information and/or documentation to ensure that all risk factors have been considered.
- Make a sound judgement about the risk and status of each review making recommendations to relevant internal stakeholders and taking decisions in respect of the maintenance or establishment of a client relationship.
- Undertake Quality Assurance and New Account Sanctioning (NAS) on high risk files and/or new account applications, providing quality structured feedback to colleagues.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all high risk processes, providing support and guidance to colleagues and internal stakeholders where required.
- Proactively collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure excellent service and fair customer outcomes at all times.
- Proactive identification and effective management and/or escalation of conduct and business risks.
- Ensure policies and procedures are adhered to, as detailed in Standard Operating Processes (SOPs).
Key Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working in AML and the practical application of AML legislation.
- An analytical mind-set with the ability to make sound decisions and recommendations.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Knowledge and experience of complex corporate structures
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, with the confidence to challenge where required.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workloads in line with business needs.
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate with colleagues and internal stakeholders
- Ideally hold a relevant professional qualification (e.g. Advanced ICA or equivalent).
Your specialist: Debbie Amankwa
Quote job ref: 12067
Hi, I'm Debbie and I look forward to receiving your submission for this fantastic opportunity with this business.