Our client is seeking a Qualified Associate to join their practice.
Role Profile: You will be responsible for all aspects of corporate related work that are relevant to the Practice Team of which you will be a member.
- Advises clients, in keeping with the internal policies and procedures, with respect to all aspects of client matters assigned to the Corporate Practice Group.
- Represents the group in dealings with other law firms, government representatives, agencies, and other professionals involved with the client's matters.
- Is responsible for developing a thorough understanding of each assigned client's business and business philosophy and for communicating that knowledge to whomever within the group may work on the client's matters.
- Takes instructions from other lawyers or clients including suggesting, recommending and drafting instruments for a particular matter, involving lawyers in other practice groups, where necessary or relevant.
- Is responsible for effective caseload management.
- Is responsible for effective practice management in keeping with internal policies and procedures.
- Assists in updating Knowledge Management data as it relates to corporate related work.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of the law, both locally and internationally.
- Reviews and prepares contracts, including acquisitions and joint ventures, complex commercial transactions, mergers, buy-outs and other corporate business transactions.
- Reviews documents prepared by other lawyers and provides comments thereon.
- Settles the terms of new engagements and exercises due diligence in all matters.
- Leads or assists in the drafting of precedent documentation for the practice group.
- Mentors less experienced lawyers where needed.
- Participates in the practice group's marketing, education and training programmes.
- Manages client billing, including the pursuit of delinquent clients and taking the appropriate steps in accordance with internal policies and procedures.
- Is directly responsible for opening of files, managing files and the closing of files upon completion and sending closed files to archives for safekeeping.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- 3 - 4 years PQE.
- Experience in one or more of banking/ finance, mergers, pensions or employment in a leading international or offshore firm is preferred.
- Candidates would be expected to carry out a wide range of high-quality work in a collaborative environment, working closely with our other offshore offices.
- Good communication and technical skills together with the drive to provide excellent client service and build strong client relationships are essential.
- Advocacy skills appropriate to level of qualification.
- Good academic record, as evidenced by degree and other exams and course grades.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a thorough command of the English language including accurate spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- A proven record of productivity and the ability to handle several matters at once.
- Familiarity with operation of computers and major office software.
- The ability to deal effectively and courteously with clients, lawyers and colleagues, and to exercise discretion and confidentiality in all matters.
Your specialist: Anne Murray
Quote job ref: 7261
Hi, I'm your specialist Anne and I can't wait to hear from you about this job. You can simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.