Credit Risk Analyst
Our client seeks a Credit Risk Analyst to join their team.
Role Profile: Understanding all risks from the economic to the political that could affect the global business, and offering guidance to all parts of the bank. To provide specialised risk management support to the Head of Credit Risk for the implementation of the Credit Risk Framework (covering strategy, policy, process, procedural, standards, objectives, metrics and governance). This job primarily focuses on approval, documentation preparation, drawdown and monitoring processes.
- Contribute by supporting the Head with the development, maintenance and implementation of the Credit Risk Framework covering strategy, policy, process, procedural, standards, objectives, metrics and governance.
- Objectively assess and evaluate credit applications exercising commercial and responsive decision making under approved Delegated Authority or making a recommendation to the Credit Committee.
- Review Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) credit papers to ensure the financial analysis adequately reflects the counterparty credit risks and are within the Credit Risk Appetite. Make a recommendation to Credit Committee.
- Draft and check preparation of facility/security documentation following approval. Check that all approved conditions are met and that the documentation is complete.
- Control loan funds leaving the bank, by reviewing and confirming that all condition precedents are met and that security is perfected before approving the drawdown checklist and limit form.
- Provide training and guidance regarding the credit facilities and drawdown processes and the supporting documentation to other members of staff both within Credit Risk and the Business Segments.
- Utilising the Collateral Monitoring Process and System, continuously monitor and control exposures/collateral against the approved security parameters.
- Compile and provide Management Information to the business to enable them to manage their loan portfolios.
- Compile and provide reports relating to credit exposures to Finance and Group as required and within agreed timelines.
- Execute the document management process to ensure that all executed facility/security documentation and Credit Risk records are stored in compliance with the defined process.
- Continuously monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of the Credit Process and provide input to the process owner to ensure that it remains fit-for-purpose and that service delivery to the business meets the agreed service levels.
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring to junior members of staff and provide guidance and support to help them achieve their personal development plans.
- Where required, represent Credit Risk and participate in projects where credit risk arises to ensure appropriate mitigation and control from a Credit Risk perspective.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Credit Experience in a banking environment at a manager level
- Analysis and presentation of MI (Management Information) and reporting on portfolio credit risk.
- Thorough conceptual and practical knowledge of credit procedures, policies and standards.
- Ability to understand products and facilities that give rise to counterparty credit risk and appropriately documenting these risks.
- Understanding of Risk and broader regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Basic understanding of vanilla lending and derivative products and facilities that give rise to counterparty credit risks, including the documentation required/presented to manage that risk.
- Understanding of Corporate and Investment Banking
- Loan Assessment and Approval
- The ability to assess the financial status of a customer or client to determine if they qualify for a loan based on established parameters and criteria.
- The ability to process and release or disburse customer loans according to approved amounts, terms and conditions, and in a timely manner.
- Knowledge and understanding of the risks and processes associated with lending using fixed assets as security for long term loans.
- Knowledge and understanding of the process and legal requirements for the attachment of property or other methods to recover amounts due from loans in arrears.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of risk management methodologies, tools, governance structures and regulatory requirements for good management of risk.
- The ability to prepare quantitative and qualitative analysis on the risk landscape in the business including interpretation and analysis for use by business users.
Your specialist: Anne Murray
Quote job ref: 9833
Hi, I'm your specialist Anne and I can't wait to hear from you about this job. You can simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.