Data - BI Engineer
Our client seeks a Data-BI Engineer to join their team
Role Profile: Working with the business to develop requirement driven data pipeline solutions. You will be a key member of the team who will assist in managing, optimising, overseeing and monitoring data retrieval, storage and distribution throughout the organisation. As this is a growing team you will have the opportunity to be involved in the strategy and decision-making process to drive better business results, transforming data into company asset and maturing the business towards data driven decision making.
- Be expected to work closely with the team and business stakeholders to turn data into a valuable asset that can be used for effective business decision making.
- You will be expected to collaborate and interact with various individuals and teams in the organisation from project managers, business stakeholders, management, external vendors and development teams to deliver on scalable, performant, robust, functional and fit for purpose solutions.
- Be involved in and take responsibility for the full life-cycle of a solution from development through implementation and then continued support and optimization.
- Using your expertise provide business stakeholders with training on how to use data to inform business decisions as well as educate them on how to cary out data analysis and data exploration.
- Develop work schedules and estimate task duration whilst also keeping stakeholders and management informed of progress.
- Analyse business requirements and translate them into technical documentation
- Create processes, documentation and models for ensuring data integrity, quality, security, accuracy and optimization
- Troubleshoot and reconcile data related issues
- Heavily involved in efforts for merging BI platforms with enterprise systems and applications
- Implements data structures using best practices, processes, and technologies
- Tracks, monitor and analyses performance and production issues, and implement solutions and improvements
- Be able to creates scalable, efficient and automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development/validation/implementation
- Remain relevant in the latest intelligence tools and technologies in field.
- Engage with the team and architects to recommend new technologies and opportunities that will benefit the business.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Degree Level or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum experience of two years in a similar role - specific skills less critical compared to willingness to learn and ability with the team.
- Ability to make effective use of the training and development the company will provide in the specific skillsets that we use.
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative.
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude.
- Excellent communicator.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently and part of a team
- Trusted - Creates Trust and Builds Credibility
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Excellent communications skills, both written and spoken
- Confident - Maximising Potential ; Taking Responsibility
- Result driven
- Proactive - Anticipating of issues and Takes Action
- Strives to exceeds expectations
- The successful candidate will be required to undertake a Police Check/vetting.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Stakeholder management
- Proven experience in a similar role
- In-depth understanding of database management systems and online analytical processing.
- Ability to identify and capture data requirements from stakeholders
- At least 3 years of experience supporting a major system
- ETL/ELT techniques
- Relevant Python knowledge (or similar)
- Big data experience
- T-SQL Query Language
- Data warehouse design
- Gathering and translating business requirements into technical solutions
- Training experience
- Experience in running a BICC / BI Program / Data Governance Program
- Reporting experience with SSRS & Power BI
- Knowledge of SQL queries, SSRS, SSIS and SQL Server Analysis Services
- Data dictionary & metadata management
- Experience in Master Data Management
- Dimensional modelling
- Data Vault
- Azure ingestion, storage & delivery mechanisms
- MDX & DAX
Your specialist: Anne Murray
Quote job ref: 10232
Hi, I'm your specialist Anne and I can't wait to hear from you about this job. You can simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.