Our client seeks a Data Engineer to join their team.
Role: To support the development and continuous improvement of performant data engineering and integration activities, to deliver reliable, accurate and trustworthy data to drive the business' digital transformation agenda, through the provision of self service data analytics, well architected application integration and high volume data warehousing solutions.
The role's core focus will be heavily weighted towards data engineering and integration, and would suit either an experienced data engineering candidate, or bright technical professionals with a proven track record in another discipline looking to move into the next stage of their career, and who can demonstrate an enthusiastic and driven mindset alongside a keen interest in data and its business benefit.
- Take functional data requirements and design, develop and document data integration solutions using the full Microsoft BI Stack, across the company's SQL Server Data Warehouse, Integration Services (with BIML data warehouse automation), Analysis Services Tabular and Power BI, with the use of some Azure based data services
- Contribute to application integration architecture projects, and work on the design and development of solutions to drive process automation via API based data solutions
- Use standardised patterns to audit routines for data integrity and performance
- Support the development of the company's governed “self-service first” approach to data and business intelligence
- Work on complex multi-system volume and financial reconciliation projects to provide assurance across revenue lines
- Provide support to the wider business on niche and more complex data projects where required
- Maintain secure development working practices, following company Dev Ops practices and governance
Key Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrate broad MS Data Platform experience, writing complex data processing and working across the broad spectrum of the Microsoft data platform tools (on-prem and/or Azure equivalents) to a professional level
- Advanced TSQL competence is mandatory
- Dev ops experience with any industry standard tooling
- Be able to demonstrate technical aptitude to learn new skills and be adept at solving complex technical problems
- Have a goal orientated attitude and be driven to deliver
- Be a team player, able to work with others to efficiently deliver projects, but also be confident and motivated to work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Strong cross-functional stakeholder management skills
- Methodical and conscientious
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Prior experience in the telecommunications industry is desirable, but not essential as training can be provided
- A good level of understanding of DBA activities
- Power BI development experience
- SSAS Tabular development in high volume scenarios (hundreds of millions of rows)
- Experience working with REST and SOAP APIs, ideally in C#
- An understanding of Microsoft hybrid cloud Enterprise Integration Architecture concepts and related services
Your specialist: Anne Murray
Quote job ref: 10824
Hi, I'm your specialist Anne and I can't wait to hear from you about this job. You can simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.