Data Protection Support Administrator
Isle of Man
Our client seeks a Data Protection Support Administrator to temporarily join their team for approximately 6 months.
The primary function of this role will be to support the business in delivering all aspects of information governance. You will assist the DPO, working in information governance, effective records management, Freedom of Information (as a Co-ordinator) and the Data Protection Act (Applied GDPR), including the processing of information requests of all kinds; this work includes strong administration support to the DPO, supporting divisions in meeting their obligations, working with confidential and sometimes sensitive information, and often working to tight deadlines.
The post holder will be an honest, enthusiastic, confident and flexible individual with a positive attitude to be effective and successful in what can be a very demanding role. The post holder will often be working under pressure of tight deadlines and with very confidential information.
- Work with the other Information Officer to provide strong, proactive admin support to the DPO and the team, helping to maintain work logs, achieve deadlines etc.
- Carry out research and compile basic information or skeleton documents in support of the DPO's work on compliance documentation.
- Support the DPO in the implementation of a Compliance Audit Calendar, including participating in audit checks within the Department.
- Be one of your Division's representatives in responding to FOI, Data Protection and information governance matters directly relating to the Division.
- Support the DPO in their facilitation and participation in Groups and Committees
- To support your colleagues in the CSC Division in the delivery of consistent and professional administration which may include taking minutes of other CSC meetings.
- To build a network of relationships within the Department, internal business areas and external sectors.
- To uphold and apply the Department's Values and Behaviours in the everyday work environment.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- The role holder is expected to recognise that their everyday business requires the highest level of personal integrity.
- Each Officer has a personal responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of the business and to uphold such confidences.
- Have open and honest conversations and address issues,
- Build supportive relationships, and;
- Be professional and credible
- Trust and be trusted,
- Inspire and motivate, and;
- Have a positive energy and drive
- Be future focused,
- Make considered decisions, and;
- Encourage innovation and support change
Your specialist: Mark Burman
Quote job ref: 13420
Hi, I'm Mark and I look after all the temp / contract roles. If this exciting job sounds up your street, please submit your details, we look forward to hearing from you.