Dealing and Settlements Administrator
Our client seeks a Dealing and Settlements Administrator to join their team.
Role: Responsibilities include daily dealing and settlements processes such as the creation, placement and settlement of trades, set up and maintenance of assets, funds broker records and policyholder investment portfolio records. Money matching, handling asset re-registrations, investigation and resolution of stock reconciliation queries. Maintenance of policy holder portfolios and timely application of transactions. Fulfilling the requirements of the role within service standards, ensuring internal processes and controls are followed and providing support to the rest of the team, as well as the division. Professional and timely communication with policyholders, IFAs and investment related financial firms is fundamental to this role.
- Completion of the daily dealing and settlements processes with good understanding, meeting both internal and external deadlines and effective use of related systems
- Able to accurately create transactions and monitor these throughout their life cycle
- Timely completion of account opening and trading documentation
- Assist with reconciliations and data cleansing activities
- Completion of money out process and money in matching, which may also involve investigation work
- Overseeing policyholder valuations
- Maintaining third party relationships such as with fund managers, custodians and data vendors
- Asset set ups and reregistration
- Understand and apply the Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) principles in all aspects of the role, and able to evidence how TCF has been considered in any task
- Keen awareness of Data Protection requirements
- Ensure compliance and regulatory legislation requirements are met and adhered to
- Work as part of the team in a collaborative and constructive manner
- Support the team, including answering queries, checking, training, and coaching
- Complete work to meet set service standards and deadlines
- Demonstrate awareness of the potential risks of the area and be able to evidence the controls in place to mitigate them
- Highlight any efficiency opportunities within the area, suggesting changes
- Identify and report issues, suggesting solutions where possible
Key Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 x GCSE (or equivalent) grade C or above, including English and Maths
- Minimum of 1 years' experience in the Financial Services
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience within investment related role
- Proven experience of dealing with external parties such as fund managers, custodians, and financial advisers
- Good working knowledge of relevant regulatory framework and legislation
- Experience with dealing, settlements, in specie transfer, dividends, rebates and stock reconciliation
- Competent understanding of securities and investments
- Understanding of investment instruments, e.g. equities, bonds, collective investment Schemes, investment trusts, etc.
Your specialist: Angie Westmorland
Quote job ref: 12498
Hi I'm Angie, I am working on this amazing opportunity with one of the Island's leading employers, click apply now and I will be in touch.