Director of Engineering
Isle of Man
Our client seeks a Director of Engineering to lead their engineering team.
We are looking for a director of engineering to lead the engineering team and help us build great fintech products. You'll also manage the infrastructure and ensure all systems operate securely and effectively.
To be successful in this role, you should have strong background in Software Development, SRE and DevOps, and have experience managing teams utilising the SCRUM methodology. You should be good at interviewing and identifying top talent joining your team. You will also be charge of integrations and negotiations with external partners, and oversee all engineering projects from ideation to execution. You should have vast experience operating scalable production environments, and managing production incidents and changes. Ultimately, you'll make sure we use innovative but battle-tested technologies that maximise productivity and help the company grow.
- Oversee and manage the engineering team
- Design and implement a CI/CD setup for rapid deployments with high confidence
- Design and manage the production deployments, with focus on high-availability and scalability
- Ensure compliance with security and privacy regulations
- Protect the SCRUM process and manage external expectations
- Hire engineers and coordinate their training
- Implement innovative technologies
- Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools
- Review and update policies relevant to internal systems and equipment
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Work experience as a director of engineering or in a similar senior-level position in the fintech sector
- Extensive hands-on experience as a Full-Stack engineer, SRE and DevOps
- Extensive experience with modern cloud technologies and SaaS solutions
- Deep understanding and buy-in of agile methodologies
- Strong leadership abilities with a strategic mind
Your specialist: Sally Fenton
Quote job ref: 12978
Hi, I'm Sally and this is one of the job roles I am looking after for this super business. If this job is of interest for you, please submit your CV and we will come back to you to arrange the next staging.