Our client seeks a Finance Officer to join their team.
Role: The Finance Officer is a key role that involves the implementation of systems that are required to: develop, manage, and report on financial issues relating to the operations of the organisation or, where they have entered a contractual management agreement, with any third-party organisation. The post holder will be expected to have relevant qualifications or experience in the operation of financial systems and to demonstrate that ability by applying it effectively by providing smart, insightful and accurate interpretation of financial data to stakeholders as well as clear reporting to the Clerk and, through him/her to the Board.
- To provide a first point of contact for customers visiting the organisation in person, by telephone, in writing or by any other means, to transact business.
- To deal effectively with inbound requests by either responding to them directly or, if necessary, referring them to the Clerk.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Attend any courses relevant to the post.
- To provide accurate financial information to the Clerk as required, covering any financial matters for onward reporting to the Board.
- To appear before the Board(s) to provide expert advice relating to any financial matter.
- To maintain the bookkeeping systems ensuring transactions are posted accurately and kept up to date.
- To operate the payroll systems ensuring that wages are paid accurately and in a timely manner, including preparation and submission of year end reports.
- To manage all bills due by the organisation and ensure that they are presented for authorisation and payment in a timely manner.
- To manage all debts due by customers and make timely interventions to ensure that these always remain minimised.
- Provide accurate quarterly Management Accounts to the Board in a timely manner.
- Give a true and fair view and in accordance with proper practices as set out in the Isle of Man Statement of Recommended Practice 2007 on accounting for entities subject to the Audit Act 2006 (“The SORP”).
- To provide financial information to the relevant Departments and ensure that monies due are claimed in a timely manner.
- To ensure timely and accurate reporting of VAT, NI/Income Tax and pensions is maintained.
- Maintain database of commercial refuse collection for invoicing.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations.
- To effectively operate and administer the collection of payments.
- Assist the Clerk with procurement and the tendering of contracts.
- Loan reconciliations and drawdowns, including interest calculation.
- Annual budget preparation and forecasting, assisting with the annual rate setting.
- Nominal code analysis to ensure financial entries are recorded accurately and appropriately.
- Accruals and prepayment calculations on quarterly and annual basis in preparation for audit.
- Superannuation reconciliation and reporting to fund managers.
- Assist the Clerk with insurance renewal.
- Weekly banking reconciliation.
- Deal with memberships, subscriptions, and renewals.
- Dealing with staff queries regarding pensions.
- Ensure that the organisations' financial records are kept accurate and in compliance with the requirements of auditors at all times. The quality of audit report received will be a key performance indicator.
- Assist external auditors by providing required and accurate documentation and information in a timely manner.
- Assist the Clerk with the annual internal audit.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Recognised Accountancy qualification is desirable
- Extensive experience in a financial environment
- Experience of providing administrative services to a wide variety of business
- Experience of using computerised accounting packages, especially Sage
- Advanced Excel and MS Office ability
- Ability to set up a new accounting package, if requested
- Ability to interpret legislation and other guidelines / technical releases
- Experience of payroll preparation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to demonstrate initiative
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and independently if required
- Ability to organise, plan and manage own workload effectively
- Ability to meet deadlines in a busy environment
- Commitment to customer satisfaction
- Driving licence and use of a vehicle is preferable
Your specialist: Sally Fenton
Quote job ref: 10865
Hi, I'm Sally and this is one of the job roles I am looking after for this super business. If this job is of interest for you, please submit your CV and we will come back to you to arrange the next staging.