Our client seeks a Financial Accountant to join their team.
Role Profile: You will be responsible for accounting and reporting for the organisation. The successful candidate will be heavily involved in working with the finance business partnering team in the creation of month end accounts for the company's business units in addition to their responsibilities for external financial reporting obligations.
- Take primary responsibility for the reliability and integrity of the underlying financial information.
- Close month end processes within required timelines for assigned channels including the preparation of general ledger entries.
- Operate a robust cost accruals process to ensure that costs are accurately accrued within the time constraints of a fast-close environment.
- Standardise and automate where possible to improve month end timelines.
- Review all significant variances within areas of responsibility for investigation and escalation as necessary.
- Prepare the financial packs for assigned departments to a high level of analysis with relevant commentary on variances.
- Complete assigned balance sheet reconciliations within set deadlines.
- Maintain and document compliance with internal control requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and annual Group reporting packs and subsidiary financial statements.
- Assist with audit planning and preparation including the interacting with both internal and external auditors.
- Perform specific ad-hoc reviews and other tasks as required.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent).
- Strong academic credentials (e.g. honours degree) and experience operating in a fast-paced environment.
- An ability to deliver high quality work under pressure of tight reporting deadlines.
- Good team player but should be able to work independently.
- Excellent time management and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A driven, energetic and proactive individual who has a desire for continuous improvement and advancement.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Prior knowledge of SUN or Oracle accounting packages.
- Experience working in the finance department of a multinational environment.
- Experience of the gaming industry or gaming systems.
Your specialist: Sally Fenton
Quote job ref: 10463
Hi, I'm Sally and this is one of the job roles I am looking after for this super business. If this job is of interest for you, please submit your CV and we will come back to you to arrange the next staging.