Our client seeks a Financial Controller to join their team.
- To provide client facing accounting functionality to a portfolio of bespoke Private and Corporate clients, as required;
- Prepare the monthly management accounts for a number of key property clients and to manage and oversee the audit of key private clients as required ;
- To use best judgement to highlight and report significant client related matters that require attention by the Managing Director;
- To assume full Financial Controller responsibility for the delivery of effective and timely financial management and reporting information to the board on all financials and projects;
- To maintain active and timely reporting, monitoring and control over WIP, billing and debtor management;
- To assist the Board in developing and preparing an annual budget which delivers the profit levels agreed and maintaining appropriate liquidity ratios at all times;
- To full manage creditors in a timely and efficient manner;
- To oversee the delivery of the annual statutory accounts preparation and audit including that of its holding Trust;
- To deal with the preparation and oversee the submission to the FSA of the management accounts by June 30 each year;
- To ensure that all Private and Corporate client bookkeeping, accounting and tax related matters are dealt with in an efficient and timely fashion;
- Deal with the timely preparation and oversee the submission and control process a number of vat and tax returns;
- To assume key responsibility for the management and control of relevant accounting packages and “lead” the relationship with the package provider as required;
- To provide first hand guidance, training, mentoring and development of staff where appropriate;
- To provide an on-going and consistently high level of technical support as required to the team and consistently focus on “best practice”;
- To assist the board in developing and maintaining a “can do” culture in which all staff are commercially aware and meet efficiency targets.
- To manage one or more members of the accounting team as maybe required;
- Adhere to all Policies, Procedures and Guidance and, where appropriate, promptly report all issues and breaches to Line Manager and/or Risk/Compliance/Board.
- Complete any ad-hoc projects delegated within given timescales;
- Keeping the company directors and trustees continuously updated on all relevant matters;
- Assist the wider team as and when requested;
- At all times act in accordance with the Financial Services Rule Book and other relevant regulations including, but not limited to AML/CFT/ABC and Data Protection;
- Adhere to the Staff Handbook at all times;
You will be a Qualified Accountant with previous experience in a similar role or you will have relevant experience and are looking to step up to a for a varied and challenging role.
Your specialist: Sally Fenton
Quote job ref: 9530
Hi, I'm Sally and this is one of the job roles I am looking after for this super business. If this job is of interest for you, please submit your CV and we will come back to you to arrange the next staging.