Financial & Insurance Risk Specialist
Our client seeks a Financial & Insurance Risk Specialist to join their Risk, Legal and Compliance Department.
An opportunity has arisen for a Financial & Insurance Risk Specialist within the Risk, Legal and Compliance department. The ideal candidate will have specific responsibility for overseeing and challenging capital management, credit, market, liquidity and insurance risk and leading on the Group Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA). This is a key role where you will be working with stakeholders at all levels of seniority and providing insights, advice and constructive challenge.
- Oversight and ownership of the ORSA Framework and supporting processes
- Support the Group Chief Risk Officer to ensure the Group's Boards and Audit & Risk Committees feel sufficiently informed about finance and insurance risks, whilst ensuring that business practices are commercial.
- Support with the review of significant strategic initiatives and report to the Board on the risk and capital assessment carried out in support of such proposals.
- Support with writing accurate, clear and concise reports, including the ORSA Report, for Management and the Board;
- Providing input to the top-of-mind and emerging risk assessments; and, providing proactive and forward-looking information and assessment that supports risk-based decision making.
- Work closely with Line 1, particularly Finance and Actuarial, to enhance and embed appropriate monitoring measurements in response to risk exposures and risk appetite, such as key risk indicators. Regularly obtain and review the results of the monitoring measurements from Line 1.
- Manage the review process for Financial and Insurance Risk Policies with the relevant stakeholders.
- Enhance and further embed the risk and governance frameworks used to determine and manage capital needs
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- An in depth understanding of the risk and financial drivers of the life or investment sectors with relevant professional qualifications or experience in a key role. Must have an appropriate actuarial or accounting qualification.
- Sound understanding of different categories of risk from a technical and operational perspective.
- Broad commercial experience with experience in the financial services sector, particular the life and investment sectors.
- Experience of operating in a multi‐jurisdictional environment.
- Experience of working in a business going through continuous upgrading, change and growth.
- Understanding of market knowledge and regulations/legislation within industry, ideally from the financial services sector.
- Demonstrate skills in effective communication, professional scepticism, due care, report writing, data analysis and training of other staff.
- Proven experience in the development, production and presentation of Management Information reports. Experience of involvement in the ORSA process, including policy and framework management and report production, would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Risk Based Capital regimes (including Solvency II and IOM Risk Based Capital) would be an advantage.
Your specialist: Anne Murray
Quote job ref: 12915
Hi, I'm your specialist Anne and I can't wait to hear from you about this job. You can simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.