Financial Reporting Manager
Isle of Man
Our client seeks a Financial Reporting Manage to join their team.
Role Profile: You will support the IOM Finance function within the exciting growth of the Group. Reporting to the Head of Finance, the role holder has responsibility for leading statutory and regulatory reporting for IOM life insurance entities.
- The core role is to lead statutory and regulatory reporting for regulated entities, focussing on an acquisitive life insurer.
- Overseeing the production and submission of external reporting and business plans for IOM and other jurisdictions, working within tight quarterly deadlines to manage actuarial and accounting data sources.
- Advice and problem solving on accounting technical challenges.
- Opportunities to get involved with challenging Finance project work for a variety of interesting Group and local initiatives, including IFRS17 implementation.
- Overseeing the audit of jurisdictions and entities.
- Maintaining a strong control environment.
- A challenging role with exposure to complex financial mechanics and acquisitions.
- Presenting financial information to senior stakeholders.
- Contributing to process/systems re-design to streamline reporting.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Qualified accountant (ICAEW, ACCA)
- Insurance experience via working in industry or audit.
- Experience in regulatory reporting and UKGAAP / IFRS financial statements.
- Strong accounting / audit technical background.
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel.
- Ability to work within a team and independently, holding themselves accountable for meeting team and individual deadlines.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with management throughout the Group.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skill.
Your specialist: Sally Fenton
Quote job ref: 13529
Hi, I'm Sally and this is one of the job roles I am looking after for this super business. If this job is of interest for you, please submit your CV and we will come back to you to arrange the next staging.