Financial Review Accountant
- Undertake financial reviews of budget areas.
- Support the annual budgetary process.
- Support both internal and external audits.
- Assist with the implementation of an upgraded finance system.
- Ensure full compliance with company procedures, Financial Regulations and industry best practice.
- Ensure revenue and spending is in line with budgets / prepare forecast outturn reports
- Support the annual budgetary process / prepare and maintain integrated budget models
- Assist with financial re-forecasting including variance analysis
- Support both internal and external audits
- Support pricing strategy reviews and preparatory efficiency reviews
- Preparation of ad-hoc financial reports
- Assist with the development and implementation of an upgraded finance system
- Encourage the review and continuous improvement of practices and processes
- Contribute towards & encourage teamwork within the section and other departments
- Any other delegated tasks within the post holder's capabilities
Key Skills and Experience:
- Full Accountancy Qualification with membership of a professional body
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's or equivalent at grade C or above, to include Mathematics and English
- A professional accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA or equivalent) with membership of a professional body
- Highly computer literate, with advanced Excel knowledge and a good working knowledge of other Microsoft Office packages and web-based systems. Experience of Navision (or similar) is desirable
- Experience with writing reports using Cyberquery or similar business intelligence and data management software
- Knowledge of the Isle of Man Government Financial Regulations
- Self-motivated, reliable and flexible
- Ability to work effectively as an individual as well as part of a team
- Collaborative working and knowledge sharing
- Good numeracy, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of working in a busy office environment
- Awareness and compliance with relevant health, safety and environmental legislation and Industry standards
- Understanding of the requirement for performance in accordance with policies
- Confidence enforcing Financial Regulations with internal customers
- Confidence liaising with external suppliers
- Planning workload and achieving deadlines under pressure
- Meeting the needs of clients and managing their expectations
- Strong data analytical skills and experience ideally including budget preparation, financial reforecasting and preparation of financial reports
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong numerical, planning, organisational and time management skills
- Deadline focused, willing to put in the effort required to ensure they are met - able to effectively balance competing priorities
Your specialist: Sally Fenton
Quote job ref: 11677
Hi, I'm Sally and this is one of the job roles I am looking after for this super business. If this job is of interest for you, please submit your CV and we will come back to you to arrange the next staging.