Group Head of Compliance & Risk
Our client seeks a Group Head of Compliance & Risk to join their team.
Role: To manage the risk and compliance functions across the Group, ensuring that all locations stay in line with internal policies, external regulatory requirements and industry standards by facilitating the management of risks the company faces, designing or implementing controls to mitigate those risks and reporting the effectiveness of the controls. Leadership of the Compliance and Risk team which includes responsible gaming function. Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with the regulators and other authorities.
- Advise the Company on an on-going basis of the impact of UK Gambling Commission, Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission and Jersey Gambling Commission regulations and the required action.
- Guide and mentor the team on Responsible Gambling techniques
- Advise the Company on an on-going basis of the impact of AML and CFT regulation and the required action; ensuring Due Diligence procedures are in line with regulation.
- Advise the Company on an on-going basis of the impact of the Committee of Advertising Practice Advertising Codes and the required action.
- Advise the Company on an on-going basis of the impact of the data protection regulation and the required action; assist in relevant enquiries and access requests.
- Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with regulators and authorities.
- Project-lead, as required, and manage regulatory audits/compliance reviews; assist in developing and maintaining audit check lists to be used to audit/review operations in relation to regulatory compliance.
- Review of company documentation (web-sites, emails, landing pages, texts).
- Mentor and Support the Compliance Manager and team to ensure company policies and procedures are in place and that they are reviewed, updated and rolled out to the business.
- Investigate major complaints to the regulators/authorities; ensure fair and timely resolution.
- Assist in drafting and reviewing of contracts (where required).
- Assist in preparing for monthly board meetings; produce and/or organise reports and board pack; drafting minutes and/or board resolutions.
- Deliver accurate analysis and Management Information.
- Lead the provision of commercially aware and timely technical compliance advice to both the business and to projects.
- Work with the Compliance manager to support the setting of regulatory training strategy for the Company, contributing to the building of a regulatory compliance-aware culture, and providing subject matter expertise where required.
- Mentor the Compliance team to proactively identify potential non-compliance issues and ensure they are addressed appropriately.
- Ensure that the highest standards of operational regulatory compliance is achieved and maintained across the locations through working with functional/departmental managers and their teams.
- Represent the Compliance department as required, on projects providing regulatory advice and guidance in the development of initiatives to incorporate and embed an appropriate Conduct Risk culture and controls within a commercial operating framework.
- Maintain the Company's Risk Register and report to the Board, where necessary.
- Assist in other projects and ad hoc tasks, as and when required.
- Act as Nominated officer who will receive and review internal disclosures and be responsible for making external reports.
- Act as the nominated company MLRO
- Act as the nominated company MLCO
- Act as the company Data Protection Officer
Key Skills & Experience:
- A recognised compliance qualification is essential for this role
- A minimum of 5 years' experience within a similar level role
- Responsible Gambling experience is essential for this role
- Online Gaming Industry Experience.
- A working knowledge of Responsible Gaming regulations
- A working knowledge of the Gambling Supervision Commission and Gambling Commission regulations and/or license conditions and code of practice. Knowledge of Jersey Gambling Commission regulations would be advantageous.
- Experience of B2B and White Labels
- Experience of international markets and cross border transactions
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the business
- Have a good eye for detail to identify irregularities and key risks
- Experience in risk management, with a good understanding of Fraud policies, processes and operations
- Ability to communicate and negotiate successfully with colleagues at all levels
- Well-developed report writing and communication skills with the ability to interact at senior levels within the Company
- Clearly demonstrates a 'can-d' attitude which successfully overcomes barriers
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to mentor, develop and motivate a team of experienced compliance employees
- Highly PC literature with a good working knowledge of all Microsoft applications (Word/Excel especially)
- Proven ability to interpret management information, providing insight on trends
- Proven ability to provide accurate information within tight timescales
- A self-motivated team player who is able to structure and prioritise work for self, but who also has the flexibility and capability to change priorities when circumstances dictate
- An innovative, creative approach to problem solving
Your specialist: Sally Fenton
Quote job ref: 11085
Hi, I'm Sally and this is one of the job roles I am looking after for this super business. If this job is of interest for you, please submit your CV and we will come back to you to arrange the next staging.