Group Procurement Director
Our client is looking for a Group Procurement Director to join their team.
The Role: New product introduction is managed through a business case Governance framework that outlines new market and product opportunities. The Gate Governance procedure is managed by Product Management, but the Group Procurement Director will be directly responsible for maintaining supplier relationships. This will require working intimately with the engineering and product management teams as well as supply partners.
The Procurement Director will be responsible for sourcing new products and suppliers in line with the business case instruction, and will form an integral part of each individual business case
- Lead the decision process “Do we make or do we buy?”
- Lead the management and support negotiation of supplier relationships and contracts
- Source, manage, monitor, benchmark and evaluate suppliers on existing products to reduce the supply chain lead time and cost
- Develop opportunities with suppliers on improving design, cost and quality
- Source new products /programs ensuring ethical supply
- Attend Trade Shows and identify potential suppliers. Identify emerging market sourcing opportunities and locate new suppliers globally
- NPI Activity- managing New Suppliers from RFQ tender to initial order delivery
- Critically evaluate the business systems and lead improvements as required
- Remains up to date and ensures adherence to relevant legislation regarding tendering and procurements procedures.
- Success in the role will be measured by deliverables against the working capital and business case targets, with the mechanism being monthly and quarterly reviews.
Key Skills and Experience:
- CIPS/ Degree level Education
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft based software packages.
- Project management skills
- Customer focus- Participate in global customer review meetings.
- Supply Chain Management skills
- Market research
- Proven track record of successfully leading purchasing within a design and manufacturing environment.
- Experience of procuring in the Far East
- Ability to manage number of complex projects and act as key interface between supplier and internal team.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- The ability to work on own initiative, with a minimum of supervision.
- Pro-active approach to self-development.
- A committed and conscientious approach to work, which may involve working outside normal working hours.
- Confident and outgoing personality
- Able to travel widely
- Post Graduate Degree or relevant further qualification
- Chinese speaking
Your specialist: Sally Fenton
Quote job ref: 12306
Hi, I'm Sally and this is one of the job roles I am looking after for this super business. If this job is of interest for you, please submit your CV and we will come back to you to arrange the next staging.