Head of Compliance
Would you like to work for an innovative player on the global stage, that offers a variety of career-enhancing opportunities - plus the chance to work alongside some of the sector's most talented, motivated professionals?
The Business' clients range from individuals to businesses of all sizes, high net worth families and large multinational corporates and institutions. They are passionate about bringing true, meaningful value to their clients and the communities they serve and creating a real sense of purpose for you.
Our client is looking for a Head of Compliance to join their team.
The Role: To lead the execution of Compliance Risk Management processes and activities within a major Tier 1 Country to ensure that the area is undertaken in a compliant manner to avoid operational losses, fines, penalties or reputational damage to the organisation and enable the competitive advantage of the organisation. Regulated position.
- Oversee the completion and maintenance of the Country specific Regulatory Universe to effectively enable the organisations adherence to the required legislative requirements.
- Fulfil the required regulatory role as prescribed by the relevant governing bodies.
- Drive the implementation of all new standards, processes and procedures within the country by ensuring the update of all necessary documentation and the implementation of the required training.
- Participate in the required Committees and Forums in order to gain full understanding of the Country's business activities and provide the required critical advice where required.
- Analyse the operational activities within the Country to identify compliance risks and therefore ensure adherence to the relevant Standard Bank Group compliance frameworks and standards.
- Provide advice to Country management and relevant committees regarding the regulatory universe, relevant compliance frameworks underpinning their operations and any other regulatory developments, to ensure that Country executives can comfortably manage compliance risks and conduct business in a compliant manner.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Law or Compliance
- 8-10 years' experience in Compliance Operations - The role requires a seasoned expert in Compliance with a sound knowledge of the relevant regulatory requirements and upcoming developments applicable to a specific business area as well as a solid understanding of banking products and activities.
- To drive an effectively compliant function, an influential leader is required with a proven track record in leading a Functional team of Compliance resources.
- 3-4 years' experience in Corporate and Business Banking
Your specialist: Mark Burman
Quote job ref: 12342
Hi, I'm Mark and I look after all the temp / contract roles. If this exciting job sounds up your street, please submit your details, we look forward to hearing from you.