Head of Compliance and MLRO
Our client seeks a Head of Compliance & MLRO to join their team.
Role Profile: Reporting to the Partners, the primary purpose of the Head of Compliance is to oversee the firm's compliance with the regulatory and statutory reporting requirements, including company secretarial and data protection. You will also act as the firm's Money Laundering Reporting Officer and provide continual risk assessment and development of comprehensive policies and procedures, training and internal investigation for all areas of the firm. Responsible for managing two members of staff; the Senior Compliance Co-ordinator and the Compliance Administrator.
- Ensure that the day-to-day operations of business are in line with the agreed operational and compliance procedures for the firm;
- Ensuring the operations of the firm adhere to the recent Anti-Money Laundering Guidelines;
- Supervise, monitor and develop the Senior Compliance Coordinator and Compliance Administrator;
- Perform internal compliance investigations and audits, throughout the firm, including compiling detailed reports to the Partners;
- Ensure that all financial transactions are recorded and are carried out in accordance with instructions received and within set time limits;
- Develop compliance training materials and perform ongoing compliance training throughout the firm and ensure that the procedures are maintained and worked to;
- Provide ongoing advice and resources to management for compliance issues and process monitoring and improvement, and work with management;
- Produce relevant returns and notifications to the regulators;
- Correspond and meet with regulators as required;
- Specialist projects as agreed with the Partners to support the requirements of the business;
- In addition, the business is engaged by a number of clients to carry out various compliance-based functions. A key task for the appointee is to manage the quality of these engagements and be able to develop this business;
- It is a mandatory requirement to operate on a daily basis within the ISO 9001 Quality Management System;
- Understand the requirements of the ISO 9001 Quality Management System and maintain a good working knowledge; and
- Have an awareness of how departmental procedures, documents and record keeping have a positive or negative effect on the ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
- The review of all internal disclosures in the light of all available relevant information, determine the substance and, if appropriate, disclose externally to the FIU;
- Maintain all related records;
- Provide guidance on how tipping off the customer can be avoided if a disclosure is made, and manage any resulting constructive trust scenarios appropriately;
- Provide support and guidance to the Board and senior management to ensure money laundering and terrorist financing risks are adequately managed;
- Liaise with the FIU, FSA or other appropriate Regulatory Authority and participate in any third-party enquiries in relation to money laundering or terrorist financing prevention, detection, investigation or compliance; and
- Provide reports and other information to senior management as required.
Key Skills & Experience
- Have had experience in a similar role and/or compliance environment;
- Hold relevant compliance qualifications or be studying towards them;
- Detailed knowledge of the FSA Guidelines, Rule Book and requirements;
- Current knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering Guidelines;
- Relationship management and interpersonal skills;
- Communication, influencing and negotiating skills;
- Proven business development skills;
- Policy development and implementation;
- Presentation skills; and
- PC literate with PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
Your specialist: Anne Murray
Quote job ref: 12635
Hi, I'm your specialist Anne and I can't wait to hear from you about this job. You can simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.