Head of Controls & Design
Our client seeks a Head of Controls & Design
Role Profile: You will have a key leadership role in the Operations organisation as Head of Controls & Design. You will be accountable for Credit Operations controls implementation and manage risk for the department. Working with senior stakeholders, across the entire private banking platform, and other locations, you will manage the department's risk landscape across all Credit Operations sites. You will also be responsible for the design and influence of the direction of the business.
- Managing and driving change from a risk management and control perspective; be a member of projects and working groups.
- Coordinate business governance including governance committee structure management, policies standards and procedures.
- Compile and present the business risk profile to Credit Operations leadership team and to the monthly Operations Leadership Team.
- Pro-actively identify areas for controls improvement, conducting thematic reviews and proposing strategic, long-term solutions.
- Design a risk-based approach to control monitoring and ensuring completion of testing and escalations where appropriate.
- Lead the business risk and control reviews and control improvement activities.
- Oversee Operational Risk activities, including Risk & Control Assessments and management of key risk indicators.
- Ensure relevant MI on control and conduct issues is made available to management to enable them to assess the overall health of the control environment.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Extensive experience of financial services and have a detailed knowledge of the associated regulatory requirements, particularly related to advice and suitability.
- Strong understanding of domestic and international markets.
- Proven track record in financial services and ideally private banking / wealth management, with experience working in a risk management /control role.
- Good understanding of risk management frameworks used in financial services companies and Change management.
- Advanced problem-solving skills given expected changes to the risk and regulatory landscape.
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential, sensitive and legally privileged information.
- Have high integrity, excellent judgement, and be able to evoke trust and confidence such that individuals feel secure and empowered to raise issues.
- Awareness of Private Bank and Offshore business.
Your specialist: Anne Murray
Quote job ref: 9544
Hi, I'm your specialist Anne and I can't wait to hear from you about this job. You can simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.